Weird videodb:// Movies During Scraping
I'm sure this has occurred to others and there's probably a solution I can't find so I'll ask anyway. I upgraded all instances to Frodo recently and I started getting weird movies (which don't exist) appearing in my library with a source of videodb://XX/XX/XX/XXX?genreid=XX while it scans for new content.

There are duplicates of these in the library every time it scans. They get removed when the library is cleaned. I exported the library prior to the upgrade. What would be causing these weird movies to appear? I didn't modify any of the sources but did download several different skins after the upgrade. Could it be an add-on causing a problem?
You've managed to somehow get content set on a videodb:// path. I presume that you don't have shares pointing to these (check by Edit Source on each one).

I have no idea how this occurs as I cannot reproduce this - if you can figure out how you did it (i.e. if you can reproduce it from a clean setup) then let us know so we can fix it.

To sort you out, the best thing to do is to execute
Code:
delete from path where strPath like "videodb://%";
using your favourite sql app (sqlitespy, sqlite3 for sqlite, or mysqlclient for mysql).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Not really sure if an add-on is the culprit, (it is possible if it's saving into one of your sources) you might have to disable them, clean the library and see if this anomaly returns. More likely is a bit of corruption... eeps, or variances of the scraper between versions picking up names (not likely) for every video, so you have extra videos in movie folders previously not seen or stacked.

Suggestion: After a clean-up and given the ease of exporting your library to separate files, a total refresh might be in order. Just rename all your existing XBMC folders to XBMC_old install the latest stable, and rescan your sources... should go very quickly with material in the folders secure, it'll take time for the posters to rebuild, but I'll bet you'll be happy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird videodb:// Movies During Scraping0