allow more than 999 screenshots
Hello together

Please change the source code, so XBMC can store more than 999 screenshots!
OR warn the user or something.

But with the current source it just stores 999 screenshots and then stops saving them and the user doesn't get a notification or something like this!

I love XBMC but it pissed me off, when I had to find this out the hard way.

Kind regards
Screenshots? Like you take a screenshot of XBMC while it's playing a movie, or are you talking about displaying pictures inside of XBMC?

If it's the former, I'm guessing it can be fixed but just has never been looked into, since there's not a lot of people out there who keep 1000+ screenshots without some additional organization.
I'd like to bump this topic & also request that the screenshot limit be increased.

For various reasons I take a lot of screenshots while i'm watching things & its annoying when it hits the limit & stops saving new one's without any notification. I've lost out on it taking many a screenshot as a result of that & had to go back & skip though things to re-take the shots I was after.

I appreciate its something that may not be an issue for most but would be nice if it could be looked at for those who do take a lot.

Thanks.
one idea would be to keep max 999 screenshots, but when 999 is reached, we overwrite 001, 002 and so on. This way screenshots can never take too much room.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Problem with that is you would lose the original 1st few screenshots taken which isn't ideal as the purpose of taking the screenshots is because you want to keep the image.

Would be better to give an option allowing you to choose if you want a limit & what you want it to be. Those who don't want them taking up too much space could pick to stay at 999 but those who don't mind there been more could pick a higher number. On the xbox & some other current devices that have limited space available I guess the 999 hard limit makes a bit of sense but on a desktop PC I think there should be the option to raise or do away with the limit completely as chances are you have more storage space available (My screenshots for example are saved to a folder on a 2tb hard drive so space isn't an issue).

Regarding why I take so many, I watch a lot of anime (Was born & grew up in Japan) & when i'm watching through Kodi I take screenshots that I use to put together things like desktop backgrounds & I also contribute to websites like the one below that put together screencaps from episodes/movies etc... which people use for there own projects or whatever:
http://qtpiecaps.tumblr.com/
At times when i'm watching a lot I can hit the 999 limit in 2-3 days & I often forget to check how many i've taken so there's been more than a few times where i've had to go back & re-watch parts of things to grab a few that i'd missed due to unknowingly hit the limit.

Like I say I know it may not be an issue that affects most & its likely its something most don't care about, But for those who do take a lot of screenshots for whatever reason would be nice to at least have the option to take more.
I guess you could work around this by synchronizing / auto moving your screenshot directory to something outside that directory.
It's what I did to solve a similar issue (not related to screenshots, though).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
allow more than 999 screenshots0