Few problems running py files
i've always appreciated the support here on this site and am very open to helping new ppl like myself with issues that i have insight on.

javascript:emoticon(':help:')
smilie
here is my dilema. i am trying to run the scripts on my xbmc. i have a software based mod and the most updated xbmc version with i believe is the 12/6/05 build (at work at the moment). my pythons are loading from my q: drive python folder. i thought maybe the problem was moving these things from q: to e: drive within my xbmc python folder. that unfortunately didn't work either. i can check weather and i have avalaunch streaming rss feeds so it's not a connection issue. i have tried various different scripts thinking at first that it was the script but i can imagine that not every script is not functioning. i figure at this point that i've exhausted every tutorial as i've gone over the basic and the more in detail ones. i press the white button to check the outpost information and get a message page not defined. i tried getting the core updates for avalaunch and am unable to do that. anyone have any idea of a solution for this problem. thank you. :help: :help:

"q:" is your xbmc folder anyway so im confused how you are coping from and to the same location, check you have the python file in the python folder, and your scripts in your scipts folder not your python folder.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
hi,
i have had exactly the same problem as kayser9soze since upgrading to the latest build. the previous reply got me looking at q.
although the xbmc log file says:
home path q is mapped to: e:\apps\xbmc (harddisk0\partition1\apps\xbmc)
when i click the 'scripts' link in the menu at the bottom of the main screen, it lists the scripts in the scripts directory, but when i click the '..' at the top of that it takes me to a root directory, listing q only. this indicates that the scripts are in q. i don't understand this as clicking q should list the xbmc folder according to the log. where is the value of q set?
"q:" is your xbmc folder. it can be set in your xboxmediacenter.xml file, however if xbmc is running then it means it set ok. so as you said "q:" is "e:\apps\xbmc"

edit:
remember in the scripts view only folders and ".py" files will be show.no pictures or " xbe" or audio.

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
i solved the problem by installing a new xbmc version - works ok now. must have been a bug/bad file somewhere.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Few problems running py files0