<playcountminimumtime> for external player doesn't work
I use MPC-HC as an external player and set <playcountminimumtime> to 900 which is 15 minutes. This setting simply doesn't work and I've been using it for about a year. I'll launch a video, play it for 5 or 10 seconds, stop it and return to XBMC, it will be marked as watched at least 50% of the time. What is the point of this setting if it doesn't actually work?
This feature can only work when using the internal player. XBMC has no information how far you have watched into the movie with the external player (or if you paused it or what). So this will not work the way you think.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'm not talking about saving the exact time in XBMC. According to the wiki it is supposed to mark the video as watched after whatever value you set.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=External_players

Quote:playcountminimumtime number of seconds the time the extplayer process needs to run for before the item's playcount will be incremented (i.e. it will be marked as watched)

If I play a video for 10 seconds more than half the time it will be marked as watched when I stop and return, even if the playcountminimumtime is set for 15 minutes or 2 hours. The feature is broken and always has been.
Bump for response/suggestions on why this setting doesn't work.
Try the following in advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<playcountminimumpercent>0</playcountminimumpercent>
<ignoresecondsatstart>0</ignoresecondsatstart>
<ignorepercentatend>0</ignorepercentatend>
<video>
</advancedsettings>

Does this fix the behaviour?

(2014-01-28, 13:51)StinDaWg Wrote: What is the point of this setting if it doesn't actually work?

You ever considered this as a bug? Or are you just a bit annoyed or what?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-02-03, 14:20)Memphiz Wrote: Try the following in advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<playcountminimumpercent>0</playcountminimumpercent>
<ignoresecondsatstart>0</ignoresecondsatstart>
<ignorepercentatend>0</ignorepercentatend>
<video>
</advancedsettings>

Does this fix the behaviour?

(2014-01-28, 13:51)StinDaWg Wrote: What is the point of this setting if it doesn't actually work?

You ever considered this as a bug? Or are you just a bit annoyed or what?
It's never worked for as long as I've been using XBMC (years). If it's a bug, I'm surprised no one has posted anything about it before. I'll give those settings a try and see what happens.

And yes I am slightly annoyed, because I have the plot set to hidden for unwatched episodes/movies, so when I preview a file to make sure it works and then go back the spoilers always show, and I have to hit unwatched quickly so I don't see anything.
The above code didn't fix the problem. All it does is mark every video to resume from 00:01.
Well then

1. it is a bug
2. nobody noticed it before
3. nobody used it before

congratulations.
Nobody has used external players before? Uh, OK?
They used external players but obviously didn't care if the watched mark was set or when it was set. I am just guessing because nobody reported it yet as you already stated.
What do I need to do next to get a dev to look at the problem?
I have been experiencing the same issue!

StinDaWg, you said you it was working in the nightlies for Gotham in my thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...id=1601953

it will mark as watched but when I exit and come back it will be unwatched.

I guess I'll look into how to get a dev to look at this... unless some awesome dev reads this and decides to fix it.
As I said in that thread
(2014-01-16, 08:05)StinDaWg Wrote: The watched status for external players has never worked right for me. I have mine set to 20 minutes. Sometimes I will play a video for 5 seconds, end it, and it will be marked as watched. Makes no sense.
I'm not having the same issue you're having. The watched status doesn't unmark itself, it just marks itself before the defined values I have set.
(2014-02-17, 04:26)StinDaWg Wrote: As I said in that thread
(2014-01-16, 08:05)StinDaWg Wrote: The watched status for external players has never worked right for me. I have mine set to 20 minutes. Sometimes I will play a video for 5 seconds, end it, and it will be marked as watched. Makes no sense.
I'm not having the same issue you're having. The watched status doesn't unmark itself, it just marks itself before the defined values I have set.

You're right. Sorry thought it was the same but after rereading its not.

I've taken the liberty at getting the source code fro XBMC and will be tracking down the issue(s) with the external player.
Bump.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
<playcountminimumtime> for external player doesn't work0