Can't update my ATV2 from 5.0.1 to new version no matter what I try!
I have jailbroken Apple TV2 running iOS 5.0.1 (4224). I Jailbroke this a while ago using Firecore (aTV Flash black 2.1) and haven't really done anything with the jailbreak in a long time. The ATV2 works fine and I use it without any issues. Now, I'd like to update to the new firmware version, but no matter what I try, I can't seem to.

So far, I have tried:

1.) Going to settings > General > Update Software
It says "Your Apple TV is up to date."

2.) Going to Settings > General > Reset. Then I select the option to Restore.
It says "Apple TV can't download the latest update right now. Try again later."

I tried #1, and #2 with both a wireless and wired internet connection. Same results with both.

3.) I then tried using a micro USB cable connected directly from the ATV2 to my MacBook. I could not get iTunes to recognize the ATV2 was connected. It didn't show in iTunes. I even found a YouTube Video where the YouTuber suggests disconnecting the power and holding Menu and the down arrow to get iTunes to recognize the ATV2. That didn't work either.

I haven't tried anything with SSH, but I do have CyberDuck on my MacBook and can connect to my ATV2 via Cyberduck. I just wouldn't know what to do, so if you have any suggestions using Cyberduck, please be as detailed in your advice as possible Smile

Thanks for any suggestions?
forum.firecore.com
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't update my ATV2 from 5.0.1 to new version no matter what I try!1