• 167(current)
[MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only)
...project....abandonment...........need.....just.....a.....tiny.....update .......
Well than just contribute your fixes!
Make it a community project. Someone would need to supervise it. If we put it on github people can just implement patches.
I would be willing to do some of that.
I'd be willing to throw money at it....
You know that might actually be a good idea. I've been following the guys from ElementaryOS and they dish out "bounties".
What they do, to my understanding, is throw out something that needs to be done and a dev can pick that up and earn a little bit for doing the "bounty".
Might work, will take effort to get that sorta thing going though and although I would be willing to help out, I'm surely not going to do this as a one man team.
Disable the side menu popouts from display menus. Make my movie view brighter and not pop out (same as old Frodo infowall). Make random tv show widget work on press instead of buying happening. The rest works great for me.

...that's all I need. If only I knew xbmc better... take my sweet dollars...
Can't you use kiosk mode for the first? Or don't I understand what you're looking for.

Also I don't get what you mean with the widget thing.
(2014-06-05, 11:48)sveni_lee Wrote: @bolter :

did you tried a other skin? I'm not shure if it's skin related...

Thanks for a reply Sveni_Lee, I have tried other skins and they work fine but the ones I tried do not use the smart playlist manager. If I run just the playlist, it all works fine - but cannot create a widget straight from the playlist without going through the manager.

The default "In Progress" widget that Aeon NOx creates, works fine. Just the one through the manager doesn't.
Ok. Let me explain...
1) The side popout menu that shows up when in MOVIE or TV SHOW selection, when going all the way to the left of the covers and pushing left again (the menu that allows you to select the cover view)...if I could get that to stop popping out, that would be great. My remote kinda sucks and hits it a lot. 1 down! +1 Warner306
2) I saw there was a MOD for the Infowall to stop the vids from popping OUT and having a dim view, but I can't get it to load in the slightest. It looked great on Frodo...and other skins. The popout just takes away from everything else.
3) The RANDOM MOVIE widget works great. The RANDOM EPISODE widget does NOTHING when you push it. It just goes to nothing. Then you select the video again, and it goes to nothing again.
4) An IN PROGRESS or recently played videos would be nice. If I'm watching a tv episode, and leave, I have to go find it again. Not a big deal though.

I think if I can get those small things hammered out, I would be fine! Such a tiny set of requests...some day.......some day.
Sveni_lee , can you show me your settings for skin.widgets please.
Fairly new to the whole xbmc scene...so excuse me if this sounds dumb, but anyone know why art in this area is not showing up? it works for infowall in advanced launcher, as well as other views and showcase2 in music and movies/tv, but not in advanced launcher using showcase2. Any help would be great, thanks.

(2014-06-06, 01:23)McButton Wrote: Ok. Let me explain...
1) The side popout menu that shows up when in MOVIE or TV SHOW selection, when going all the way to the left of the covers and pushing left again (the menu that allows you to select the cover view)...if I could get that to stop popping out, that would be great. My remote kinda sucks and hits it a lot.
2) I saw there was a MOD for the Infowall to stop the vids from popping OUT and having a dim view, but I can't get it to load in the slightest. It looked great on Frodo...and other skins. The popout just takes away from everything else.
3) The RANDOM MOVIE widget works great. The RANDOM EPISODE widget does NOTHING when you push it. It just goes to nothing. Then you select the video again, and it goes to nothing again.
4) An IN PROGRESS or recently played videos would be nice. If I'm watching a tv episode, and leave, I have to go find it again. Not a big deal though.

I think if I can get those small things hammered out, I would be fine! Such a tiny set of requests...some day.......some day.

Some of these issues are easy to fix:

1) Go to skin settings and enable Kiosk Mode. You can play with the two available options but one or both will disable the sidebar/view menu.

2) Return to this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154664&page=3.

This time, unzip the contents of the downloaded file and place the Viewtype_AddonWall.xml in the following location: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.Aeon-Nox-Gotham\1080i. Replace the existing file and you're good to go. If it doesn't work, send a private message to ShadowTek.

3) I don't know how to fix that, but you should ensure your widget options are correct. In the menu customizer, hit up on your keyboard or remote and select the option dealing with widgets. In there, an option exists to refresh random widgets when returning to the home screen.

4) You can create an in-progress widget. If the option is not available by default, create a Smart Playlist with the condition "in-progress,". Now go to the menu customizer, hit up on your keyboard or remote and choose the Smart Playlist Manager. Create an entry for the first or second widget (top or bottom of the playlist manager) using the recently created playlist with the condition in-progress or last played. Return to the widget chooser and select the widget created in the Smart Playlist Manager. You might not even need to create a new playlist - I can't remember if the Smart Playlist Manager offers a last played or in-progress option by default.

(2014-06-06, 04:41)cheeseman42001 Wrote: Fairly new to the whole xbmc scene...so excuse me if this sounds dumb, but anyone know why art in this area is not showing up? it works for infowall in advanced launcher, as well as other views and showcase2 in music and movies/tv, but not in advanced launcher using showcase2. Any help would be great, thanks.

Go to viewtype settings for showcase view and change the options to view thumbnail rather than fanart. That should fix it. I can't remember the name of the option, but you should see a screen offering different layout options for the showcase panel.
For my #2, I'm still trying to navigate OPENELEC w/ Chromebox. No idea where to add items yet. Can I just unzip the skin, add the file to the unzip, then rezip for xbmc? .... Time to tinker. Thanks!!
------
I've tried every widget setting available. Works great for movies. Does nothing for TV. It refreshes without a problem, I just can't select it. I used it on my laptop, and that works file. Just not on my Chromebox...openelec setup. Weird. I can't reinstall it...something is just messed up. Recommended works fine. Just not RANDOM.
-----------
Tried a playlist instead (which I've never used). When I select anything, I get Script Failed: Random and Last Items Script. Still trying.
----------
Got it. I just picked my path on a playlist...it fixed itself for a little bit. Now it doesn't work again. Not sure why...
Fastest is to use a program like winscp and login to openelec with your ssh login. I guess you'll have to enable ssh but that's all explained on the openelec wiki.
Still no option for IN PROGRESS TV or RECENT TV or something similar I can jump back to if I miss something. Only for movies. Even with smart playlist, there is no option. I get RECOMMENDED, which is either the NEXT episode or the 1st episode of a series if I started in the middle. Kinda pointless. Almost there!

I tried a few other skins again tonight, nothing beats there. There is an AEON that has a sick amount of customization, but it's all over the place and tough to navigate. If not for this skin, I probably wouldn't use XBMC as much as I do. Thanks to everyone for keeping this thing alive on Gotham!
(2014-06-06, 03:07)bolter Wrote: Sveni_lee , can you show me your settings for skin.widgets please.

Bolter, I've the same issue like you... For me it also dosent update.
I will have a look into the Includes_WidgetLayout.xml...
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
  • 167(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only)25