Linux XBMCbuntu returns to old version after reboot.
Photo 
Please Help!
Hi everyone.This is my first post. I've been watching XBMC on my Dell Laptop / Windows 7, hooked to my TV via HDMI or RGB. I love it and want to thank everyone for this amazing media player.
I know a little bit about computers but don't understand alot.I recently installed XBMCbuntu on a usb stick with unibootin..I then installed fusion and the hub wizard on to XBMCbuntu on the USB stick. Everything worked great.There was no buffering even watched 2 movies. Until I turned off the Laptop. Everytime I boot via USB Drive after a shut down XBMC returns to its old version without addons or repositories..Am I wrong ,can I run Xbmcbuntu from the USB or do I have to install it on my HD.
Please Help!
Hi everyone.This is my first post. I've been watching XBMC on my Dell Laptop / Windows 7, hooked to my TV via HDMI or RGB. I love it and want to thank everyone for this amazing media player.
I know a little bit about computers but don't understand alot.I recently installed XBMCbuntu on a usb stick with unibootin..I then installed fusion and the hub wizard on to XBMCbuntu on the USB stick. Everything worked great.There was no buffering even watched 2 movies. Until I turned off the Laptop. Everytime I boot via USB Drive after a shut down XBMC returns to its old version without addons or repositories..Am I wrong ,can I run Xbmcbuntu from the USB or do I have to install it on my HD.
you have to install it to hdd if you want changes to stick.
Thank you!! I've reads where it was worded Run or Install XBMC from USB Stick. I guess I just took it trhe wrong way. I hope this does not sound stupid but is hdd mean Hard Drive.
Run is like a demo, or think "running an OS off a CD/DVD".
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Will I be able to put a extra partition on my HE or will I loose Windows 7?
Yes you can partition your w7 drive, or install to a different external usb drive (flash or spinning).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks Nickr, I do have an external hd. I'll give that a try.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu returns to old version after reboot.0