[Solved] Resume videos played from files?
Question 
I have a number of educational videos in MP4 format on my NAS.
I have managed to get the connection to the NAS working fine from my Pi and I can play the videos.
But I have noted that unlike other sources I can play through XBMC, these file sources do not give me the option of resuming a play after I have stopped it.

The videos are about 2 hours each and contain a lot of brainy stuff that needs some "massaging" in ones head, so it will be rather common to view say one hour one day, then think about it and come back the next day.
At this time it would be very good if it was possible to have the option of resuming or start over.

Is there any way to configure something in XBMC to make it happen?
I am on XBMC 12.2 from 2013-12-04
Bo Berglund
Sweden
In addons you have code to do that using bookmarks, but is done by code, isn't a standard feature.

You should use bookmarks directly to make the same thing manually.
OK, so if I set a bookmark before closing the video I will be able to jump to that when I play it next time?

But this leads to the question: HOW can I set a bookmark on a video played from file. There is no add-on involved.
Note:
I use the Android XBMC Remote control app as interface.

EDIT:
I used Google to find out how to set a bookmark and I could do it using the remote control!
So thank you for pointing out how to do this!! Cool
Bo Berglund
Sweden
(2014-02-10, 17:51)Bosse_B Wrote: OK, so if I set a bookmark before closing the video I will be able to jump to that when I play it next time?

But this leads to the question: HOW can I set a bookmark on a video played from file. There is no add-on involved.
Note:
I use the Android XBMC Remote control app as interface.

Check this:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid..._bookmarks

And this:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...Display.29

It's done when seeing the movie Wink
Posts crossing....
Bo Berglund
Sweden

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] Resume videos played from files?0