Scraping actor thumbnails and Ember logging to file
Hi! I am a fairly new Ember user and I think the software is great. Thank you!

I do have a couple of questions that I am hoping someone might be able to help me with.

Question 1: Scraping Actor thumbs to "<moviefolder>\.actors\"
I am scraping movies with "XBMC Frodo" settings, using the "Ember Native" movie and image scrapers.
The "Scrapers - Data" settings are configured:
  • Scrape crew = 0
  • Scrape full cast = true
  • Scrape full crew = true

I have also enabled "Enable Actor Thumbs" in the 'Images & Trailers' settings.
For some reason I am not getting the actor thumbs but I am seeing the status "Generating Actors Cache" in the lower right corner during the scrape. I am sure the movies have actor thumbs available.

To make things more confusing, I am 99% sure that I had this working with the same settings about 2 weeks ago and it was generating the '.actors' folder. It feels like I am missing something but I have tried unpacking the RAR from scratch, reconfiguring, etc. It seems like it should be working.

The NFO file contains the actor names, roles, and a valid thumb path when verified in a web browser.
The /temp/ folder doesn't seem to contain any thumbnails - only the poster and fanart that were selected during the scrape.

Question 2: Turning on logging to file
Is there a way to turn on logging to troubleshoot the issue that I am having with actor scraping? I found a list of command-line arguments online but did not see anything that looked to enable log files. I am hoping that logs may reveal what is going wrong but I am not seeing anything the /log folder.

I would really like to troubleshoot this myself if possible because it is possible that I am doing something silly.

I am using v1.3 rev18 on Windows 7 x64.

Thank you in advance,
Dan
Please check if you have enabled "Show Hidden Elements" in windows.
XBMC create this folder always as hidden folder.
Great advice! You were right and I spent some time to figure out what happened.

Originally I scraped some test files on an external USB hard disk drive which was directly connected to the Windows system. Ember created an '.actors' folder with the thumbnails. The folder did not have the hidden attribute set.

The next time I scraped directly to a Samba mount over the network (from the Windows system). The '.actors' folder was created again but this time is hidden because of the leading '.' character. Windows was not showing the folder until I enabled "show hidden files and folder".

Thank you again for the sanity check Smile I should have checked that but did not so that is a good lesson Blush

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping actor thumbnails and Ember logging to file0