Test if another addon is running
I have a screensaver addon that I am working on and have come across a situation where there is another addon (xSqueeze) that is using an external player, XMBC doesn't seem to know that it is playing and activates the screen saver. I check xmbc.player().isPlaying but that returns false.

does anyone know of a way to check if another addon is running from within a python script?

(I have a workaround that checks for the existence of a file that is created when the xsqueez starts and deleted when it stops but that is kind of a hack at best)

Thanks!
-ken Z-
I cant see the code anywhere, so maybe ask Bossanova88 to add a property to window 10000?
That could work, he already told me about a file he creates on startup and deletes on exit and that is working ok.

What I really am looking for is a more generic way to test for another addon that is not necessarily addon specific and that I dont have to rely on the addon dev to modify his code.

Thanks!
-ken Z-
What would happen if you called the script again? Would it throw an error that you could catch?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Test if another addon is running0