Solved For the love of god someone help me fix this!! I GIVE UP!!
I started this thread a few weeks back
thread

I did get some replies and suggestions but never solved the problem.

In short my tv library does not add new shows to existing series.
If I add a totally new show it will be scanned and added.
Add a new episode and it gets completely ignored.
Auto scan of library at startup does not add it.
Manual update does nothing either.

....Finally yesterday I said F it and did a complete fresh install.
Uninstalled XBMC including all profiles and settings.

Started fresh with Frodo 12.3 and Aeon MQ5 skin.
I just added a single episode to a series and nothing has changed.

I can browse my sources and see it fine....
One thing I notice when browsing and I'm sure this is only because its not added to the library yet.
The library files are listed like this.... for example season 4 episode 1
4X01. Title
The unadded episode is listed as the file is titled
S04E11 - Title.mkv

Every single file in my library is named with this structure.
Even if I scan the folder with Ember Media Manager and supply the nfo and artwork for the new episode XBMC will still not add it.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
I am out of ideas?

By the way the new show is the newest Walking Dead....
this is included in my log
20:00:35 T:608 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir T:\Television\Walking Dead, The\
BULL F***ING S**TAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry.... I tried to use more of these angry faces but apparently the forum only lets you use a max of six LOL>

LOG FILE
Telling it to rescan over and over won't help. If it says nothing has changed that's because nothing has been added or removed off disk. Simple as that.

Refresh a tvshow that is incomplete. (TV Show->Context->TV Show Information->Refresh). Select yes to refresh all episodes. Post the Debug Log.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-02-16, 04:01)jmarshall Wrote: Telling it to rescan over and over won't help. If it says nothing has changed that's because nothing has been added or removed off disk. Simple as that.

That worked great... thank you.

The new log....
new log

BUT.... that just proves there is some issue or setting I am missing somehow.
Your suggestion is a work around, not a fix.
If it just found the episode like this then why isn't it finding it on startup?
I've used XBMC for years without this issue. I certainly don't want to have to do that every time I add an episode...
Movies update automatically by the way.
Just a guess but do you have episode nfos before you are adding them to xbmc? If so that could cause an issue.
(2014-02-16, 04:48)dpar Wrote: Just a guess but do you have episode nfos before you are adding them to xbmc? If so that could cause an issue.

I've tried both ways.
In the past that is the way I would always do it. Add new files to the folders... hit with EMM and acquire all artwork and create nfo. It would work fine.
This time in particular I added no information for the new show. I let XBMC do it on its own.

But if that is the case then why would the initial scan with the fresh install work....
Also if I add an entire new show it also works.
This issue only occurs when I add a new episode to an existing show.
could you tell us your flder structure and filenaming ?
i read you got them namen: S04E11 - Title.mkv
but i don't see the serie name in it.
my folder setup that works
TV
- Arrow
-- Season 1
--- Arrow.S01E01.title.mkv
--- Arrow.S01E02.title.mkv
-- Season 2
--- Arrow.S02E01.title.mkv
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Are the files on a separate media server?

One thing that caught me out once was a permissions problem. Basically the files were not properly shared so the pc running XBMC couldn't see them.

It was great once fixed as I had 70+ more films that I had forgotten about added to my library.
Taking a brief look at your log, if you want xbmc to scrape and scrape properly, you're going to have to carry out some re-naming on some of your folders

eg the one you used

Quote:20:00:35 T:608 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir T:\Television\Walking Dead, The\
BULL F***ING S**TAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry....

The actual show name is "The Walking Dead", not "Walking Dead, The" - you have various instances of these throughout your log. If you are doing this to achieve a sort to ignore 'the' then its not needed - go to Settings\Appearance\File Lists\Ignore Articles When Sorting (eg "the").

I think you have to get back to basics (that includes using a basic install with default skin and no bells and whistles (until you have the library and updating working successfully - then you can add the additional functionality you might want) and choose to either use EMM or native xbmc scraper. Me? I would choose the internal scraper everyday of the week - constantly updated and not at the whim of third-party developers. It is certainly more 'picky' than some of the other options out there, but things change quickly in xbmc which can break previously working installs, particularly if the devs of those apps aren't on their toes.

Have a look here -http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Naming_video_files/TV_shows, in particular 1. Directories

Although there is no need for a 'Season' folder, so long as the filename has the Season and Episode in its name, I agree with TRaSH, that the structure he suggests provides accurate results - but you have to have the basics right in the first place and that means correctly named show folders as minimum.
(2014-02-16, 11:39)TRaSH Wrote: could you tell us your flder structure and filenaming ?
i read you got them namen: S04E11 - Title.mkv
but i don't see the serie name in it.
my folder setup that works
TV
- Arrow
-- Season 1
--- Arrow.S01E01.title.mkv
--- Arrow.S01E02.title.mkv
-- Season 2
--- Arrow.S02E01.title.mkv

That is my exact structure except my file names are S01E01 - Title.mkv

(2014-02-16, 12:14)erichzann Wrote: Are the files on a separate media server?

One thing that caught me out once was a permissions problem. Basically the files were not properly shared so the pc running XBMC couldn't see them.

It was great once fixed as I had 70+ more films that I had forgotten about added to my library.

This is a dedicated HTPC with all files stored locally

(2014-02-16, 12:34)steelman1991 Wrote: Taking a brief look at your log, if you want xbmc to scrape and scrape properly, you're going to have to carry out some re-naming on some of your folders

eg the one you used

Quote:20:00:35 T:608 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir T:\Television\Walking Dead, The\
BULL F***ING S**TAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry....

The actual show name is "The Walking Dead", not "Walking Dead, The" - you have various instances of these throughout your log. If you are doing this to achieve a sort to ignore 'the' then its not needed - go to Settings\Appearance\File Lists\Ignore Articles When Sorting (eg "the").

I think you have to get back to basics (that includes using a basic install with default skin and no bells and whistles (until you have the library and updating working successfully - then you can add the additional functionality you might want) and choose to either use EMM or native xbmc scraper. Me? I would choose the internal scraper everyday of the week - constantly updated and not at the whim of third-party developers. It is certainly more 'picky' than some of the other options out there, but things change quickly in xbmc which can break previously working installs, particularly if the devs of those apps aren't on their toes.

Have a look here -http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Naming_video_files/TV_shows, in particular 1. Directories

Although there is no need for a 'Season' folder, so long as the filename has the Season and Episode in its name, I agree with TRaSH, that the structure he suggests provides accurate results - but you have to have the basics right in the first place and that means correctly named show folders as minimum.

I get what your saying but its quite if not more common to list names of things with the article at the end followed by a comma. That way you don't have 50 movies that start with THE or A.
The ignore articles in setting was already checked.
As for EMM I could live without that right now as that is simply one less thing I have to do... however, this fresh install it was not used on this new episode.
Like I mentioned above my folder structure is correct.... I've been running XBMC for close to 10 years and this is a new problem for me.
So, I removed the newest Walking Dead episode and changed the title of the show folder as you suggested to 'The Walking Dead'
I removed the show nfo file.
Booted up XBMC and it scanned the show. I cleaned the database to get rid of the old title.
Moved the episode back to the folder.
Started XBMC again and still no luck.
This tittle, the

May be common to you or generally, but XBMC scrapers likely have problems with it, you can like you have been already told and explained by steelman1991 , to use

Settings\Appearance\File Lists\Ignore Articles When Sorting (eg "the") << that would cure your OCD about this.

and name things properly as scraper expects no problems.

If you have the structures and naming correctly like is also exemplefied here and still having problems then rename the advancedsettings.xml or disable the regex
(2014-02-16, 16:57)uNiversal Wrote: This tittle, the

May be common to you or generally, but XBMC scrapers likely have problems with it, you can like you have been already told and explained by steelman1991 , to use

Settings\Appearance\File Lists\Ignore Articles When Sorting (eg "the") << that would cure your OCD about this.

and name things properly as scraper expects no problems.

If you have the structures and naming correctly like is also exemplefied here and still having problems then rename the advancedsettings.xml or disable the regex

If you read my previous post I tried what he said.... it didn't work. I renamed the folder and the article thing in settings was already checked.
And yes I do have OCD about these things :-)
OR...if he was right... it was not the only problem.

So here is what I did next.

Test 1 (folders still contain old EMM files and there is no EMM info for newest episode)
Remove season 4 folder and clean library
Put season 4 back in directory
XBMC sees all of season 4 except newest episode
FAIL

Test 2
Before putting season 4 folder back into show folder I remove all EMM files from S4 folder
XBMC sees NOTHING this time!!!
FAIL

Test 3
This time I remove ALL EMM files for the entire show. Only thing remaining are my MKV files minus the newest episode.
XBMC adds show to library. I shut down and restart and it finds and adds newest episode!!!
SUCCESS!!!

**Now at this point I'm thinking that EMM cannot be completely responsible for this as many people use it and they would also be posting this complaint.

Test 4
Rescan the show under new title 'The Walking Dead' with EMM.
Show has been removed once again from XBMC and cleaned.
Once again update library minus newest show.
It finds everything using EMM files.
Shut down and put newest episode back in folder with EMM files.
Run XBMC again and SUCCESS again using EMM files.

sooooo.... I'm thinking possibly a combination of steelman1991 thought on the naming of my show with the article 'The' in combination with an issue with older EMM filesHuh
Actually the more I think about it I don't think the naming of my folder is an issue at all as XBMC still knew what the show was when I had it as 'Walking Dead, The'... but I may be wrong.
The important thing is that it is running.... I'm going to do another test with a different show with THE in the title. Going to remove all EMM files but still leave show titled with The at the end and see if it works.
If it does then EMM is somehow to blame for all of this.

Here is the thing.... if you looked through my log file you may have noticed a couple tv show titled 'Simpsons Extras, The' and 'Family Guy Extras, The'.
I created these for the extras I ripped from my dvd's. I used EMM for the nfo's and artwork etc. This was done years ago and XBMC still puts these in the library.
I wonder if I would add to these shows if I would have the same issues.

EDIT... upon further inspection now I am starting to lean to the EMM files...
I just checked 'American Dad!'....newest episode not added. No article in this title.
Did the same thing... almost. I didn't delete all the EMM files... just the nfo files. Saved all the artwork.
Rescraped the show with EMM....took about 2 minutes.
Removed last 3 eps and added back in library in XBMC.
Shut down restart and it adds all new episodes.

This tells me this a solely an EMM issue... at least with shows that were originally scraped long ago.
The question is why?
Fortunately it still works with shows that I created myself like the extras folders as a shitload of time went into that.
But any existing show that is still active will not be updated unless I rescrape or eliminate the EMM NFO's all together.

The reason I like to have the info and artwork stored locally is simply this... suppose I want to install XBMC on a PC that is not connected to the internet.... how would it get the data.... If I have it stored locally then all is well.
Is there a way if I let XBMC scrape all the art and create the nfo's to transfer that info to the show folders so it is stored locally?
Ditch EMM and use TMM (TinyMediaManager)
(2014-02-16, 17:40)Aenima99x Wrote: Ditch EMM and use TMM (TinyMediaManager)

Well, I just gave it a try. Had it rescrape my 'Simpsons, The' folder and all is well there now :-)
Thank you.
Or just let XBMC do the scraping.
(2014-02-16, 18:56)Hitcher Wrote: Or just let XBMC do the scraping.

I like to have everything stored locally. Let's say for some reason I need to do a fresh install I don't like the HAVE to be online if I don't want to be. Or lets say for example I wanted to install XBMC in my MAME cabinet... its not and never will be connected to the internet... so there would be no way for it to scrape. If I already have all the info that is not an issue.

I tried TMM like Aenima99x suggested.
I think this will solve all issues. The program just seems more stable and easy to use.

Already rescraped my entire library.
XBMC is updating on HTPC as I type this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
For the love of god someone help me fix this!! I GIVE UP!!0