• 1(current)
[Remote] Xbox One Media Remote
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/report-...0-6417846/

So Apparently XBOXONE is gonna have a remote and if what I see on the pic is true , this is what I need, a simple minimalistic remote that will work with my Intel DN2820 NUC

What are some good minimalistic remote that will run out of the box for XBMC and Openelec?

The xbox 360 black remote Smile (that can also control tv (only volume and input select))
It works with my arctic - openelec out if the box, dont see why it wouldnt work with nuc Smile
(2014-02-20, 07:31)solamnic Wrote: The xbox 360 black remote :) (that can also control tv (only volume and input select))
It works with my arctic - openelec out if the box, dont see why it wouldnt work with nuc :)

I just bought this. Like 3 hours ago, just bought it. I love it :D
(2014-02-20, 08:31)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-02-20, 07:31)solamnic Wrote: The xbox 360 black remote Smile (that can also control tv (only volume and input select))
It works with my arctic - openelec out if the box, dont see why it wouldnt work with nuc Smile

I just bought this. Like 3 hours ago, just bought it. I love it Big Grin

Hi, so it works with the built in IR on the i3 nuc, no usb dongle ?
thanks
(2014-02-20, 07:31)solamnic Wrote: The xbox 360 black remote Smile (that can also control tv (only volume and input select))

if you make any "tweaks" on the keymap it would be great if you post them Smile

will it work on intel NUC DN2820 ?
I'm also interested in knowing if it will work (out of the box) with the new intel NUC haswell i3. (Openelec XBMX)

Thankyou
Joan
If it's RC6 IR. Then yeah it'll work.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2014-02-21, 23:19)jammyb Wrote: If it's RC6 IR. Then yeah it'll work.

How can we know if it's RC6?

Extract from Microsoft Xbox news:
http://news.xbox.com/2014/02/xbox-one-media-remote

Quote:For Xbox One owners who want to control their TV and entertainment at the touch of a button via a familiar remote – we introduce you to the Xbox One Media Remote.

Releasing across Xbox One markets worldwide in early March, the Xbox One Media Remote lets you control video playback for Blu-ray movies and streaming video on Xbox One*. Additionally, there are dedicated Back and OneGuide buttons. The OneGuide button provides one-touch, quick access to your favorite TV shows and movies through the Xbox program guide**. This simple, yet powerful remote is designed to help you listen, watch and switch among experiences instantly.

The Media Remote can also control TV/Receiver power and volume through Kinect, which uses IR blasting to send signals to your TV and/or receiver. The easy-to-use remote control has a familiar design with a soft, silicone finish that fits comfortably in the palm of your hand. As soon as you pick up the remote, the motion-activated backlit buttons illuminate, allowing it to be used in the darkest of rooms while playing games, watching TV shows, movies and more.

The Xbox One Media Remote will retail for $24.99 ERP in the US and available in stores around the world***.
amazon has it for pre-order at 19.96 + TaX
any idea if this will work with my FLIRC?
(2014-03-05, 23:00)pe4nut1989 Wrote: any idea if this will work with my FLIRC?

I know there have been some problems in the past with microsoft remotes and flirc. It might work now though.
(2014-02-20, 07:31)solamnic Wrote: The xbox 360 black remote Smile (that can also control tv (only volume and input select))...

The Xbox 360 Slim black remote has been my preferred remote for media devices for several years. Small and light, clicky buttons, RC6 compatible, good range of buttons including number buttons, low cost.
Volume, power and input select can be programmed to work with many TVs (but not amplifiers/receivers).
I use them on OpenELEC Pi installs with GPIO IR, and OpenELEC PC installs with USB RC6 IR receivers, both with basic keymap tweaking.

The new Xbox One remote, if it turns out to be similar with RC6 compatibility, will also be a good choice with a smaller size and backlit buttons.
However I still prefer the Xbox 360 version because the number buttons are useful for text input, the extra buttons useful for subtitles/audio etc, and it's cheaper than the Xbox One version (street prices).

Hi hugepants,
i have the xbox 360 black remote, but i cant get it to work on XBMC win 8.1....only TV input, volume, power,. works.
at the moment i'm using this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003Z...UTF8&psc=1
it works well,..... but the xbox 360 remote with the TV volume would be a lot better.
any advice to get it going ?
(2014-03-06, 13:14)jinkyjim Wrote: i have the xbox 360 black remote, but i cant get it to work on XBMC win 8.1...
With an eHome/MCE compatible USB receiver, you need to do this:
http://lifehacker.com/5465257/use-a-zune...dia-center

Then use this if needed for custom keymaps:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=164252
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Remote] Xbox One Media Remote1