• 3(current)
[Remote] Xbox One Media Remote
(2014-03-13, 13:38)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-03-13, 11:12)Cassiel Wrote:
(2014-03-13, 05:25)calev Wrote: Were you using a regular mce receiver?
Yes, but you need an extra service to let the MCE receiver pass signals from other IRs remotes to the system. And as I wrote above: The remote is not RC6 and will not work out of the box. Heavy configuration needed!
Did you try the registry change contained in the Lifehacker article linked in Post#15?

Not yet, will try later...
(2014-03-13, 13:45)Cassiel Wrote:
(2014-03-13, 13:38)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-03-13, 11:12)Cassiel Wrote: Yes, but you need an extra service to let the MCE receiver pass signals from other IRs remotes to the system. And as I wrote above: The remote is not RC6 and will not work out of the box. Heavy configuration needed!
Did you try the registry change contained in the Lifehacker article linked in Post#15?

Not yet, will try later...

Okay let's recap the lifehacker article:
If I'm right Zune and Xbox 360 remotes are using a different channel (8 instead of 1). Which is interesting, because an Xbox 360 can be controlled with a MCE remote too. So Xbox 360 IR receiver uses both channels, MCE receiver only one.

Maybe there's a chance that the Xbox One remote is using channel 8 or at least any other channel we could try bruteforcing. Worth a try Smile
(2014-03-13, 15:38)Cassiel Wrote: Maybe there's a chance that the Xbox One remote is using channel 8 or at least any other channel we could try bruteforcing. Worth a try Smile
Note the part it say's "So what you want to do is set the ID to 0, this would make Windows listen to all the IR ID's" so in theory any remote with the same IR frequency as a RC6 remote should work, not ever tried this myself though.
(2014-03-13, 15:51)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-03-13, 15:38)Cassiel Wrote: Maybe there's a chance that the Xbox One remote is using channel 8 or at least any other channel we could try bruteforcing. Worth a try Smile
Note the part it say's "So what you want to do is set the ID to 0, this would make Windows listen to all the IR ID's" so in theory any remote with the same IR frequency as a RC6 remote should work, not ever tried this myself though.

Nice find, didn't read that. Don't have much time at the moment. I think this could lead to unwanted behavior with other remotes sending same commands and the system responds…

And then there's still question about how we can get the remote working on Linux…
Use flirc and it will work directly?
(2014-03-13, 15:55)Cassiel Wrote: And then there's still question about how we can get the remote working on Linux…

That's covered by http://openelec.tv/forum/103-infared-rem...ilt-and-ir
this looks like the perfect remote unfortunately it can't control the TV's power, i'm extremely happy with my df10, controls the TV, i just removed unnecessary buttons like channels, really simple, my parents use it, battery lasts a long time, i dont use the rf capability and use a flirc instead

First product from Chinese suppliers i'm happy with
(2014-03-13, 18:38)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-03-13, 15:55)Cassiel Wrote: And then there's still question about how we can get the remote working on Linux…

That's covered by http://openelec.tv/forum/103-infared-rem...ilt-and-ir
Great - I'll post all the IR commands with pictures from the remote and button descriptions later Smile
(2014-03-13, 15:51)jjd-uk Wrote:

Doesnt work with the Xbox One Remote. Only way left: EventGhost
(2014-02-20, 08:31)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-02-20, 07:31)solamnic Wrote: The xbox 360 black remote Smile (that can also control tv (only volume and input select))
It works with my arctic - openelec out if the box, dont see why it wouldnt work with nuc Smile

I just bought this. Like 3 hours ago, just bought it. I love it Big Grin

How responsive is it? What's the navigational trackpad like?
(2014-03-13, 21:49)nooryani84 Wrote:
(2014-02-20, 08:31)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-02-20, 07:31)solamnic Wrote: The xbox 360 black remote Smile (that can also control tv (only volume and input select))
It works with my arctic - openelec out if the box, dont see why it wouldnt work with nuc Smile

I just bought this. Like 3 hours ago, just bought it. I love it Big Grin

Very responsive, there's no navigational trackpad.
(2014-03-14, 00:27)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-03-13, 21:49)nooryani84 Wrote:
(2014-02-20, 08:31)Ned Scott Wrote: I just bought this. Like 3 hours ago, just bought it. I love it Big Grin

Very responsive, there's no navigational trackpad.

My bad, I meant navigation buttons for up/down + left/right.
(2014-03-13, 02:26)Cassiel Wrote: Okay guys... got the remote working! Smile
Proof of concept:

Needs some finetuning and XBMC plugin instead of simple keystrokes, but it works Smile

More info to come (weekend project) Smile

Hi !
How did you do to make it work ?
I installed eventghost, it found my nuc ir receiver (haswell late version with i3), but when I press a button on the remote nothing happen.
You said you had to make finetuning, what do you mean ?

Thanks in advance for your help !
Add the MCE Remote Vista/Win7 plugin to autostart group within EventGhost and install the service. Restart your computer and it should work.
(2014-03-15, 02:10)Cassiel Wrote: Add the MCE Remote Vista/Win7 plugin to autostart group within EventGhost and install the service. Restart your computer and it should work.

Thanks for your answer but I've already done that and it's not working with the nuc cir... I tried the trick inside the registry, and I even installed irss with no more luck...

This remote seems to be incompatible with the nuc cir... But I'm not an expert...
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Remote] Xbox One Media Remote1