• 7(current)
[Remote] Xbox One Media Remote
(2014-06-11, 07:24)DocG Wrote:
(2014-06-10, 14:54)solamnic Wrote: Logitech, xbox remotes do send standard mce remote codes..

Not sure whether I'd call the Logitech remotes "minimalistic". I do own several MCE remotes, and from what I've seen the Xbox remotes aren't much different. The black Xbox 360 remote I like, but it cannot power on my HTPC. Works fine once it's on, but it's still missing that one button. Or can you program that Xbox On/Off button?

Weird... since it sends normal mce codes..
I can power on my Arctic HTPC - pressing the right xbox - power button..
with the tv - power button i can turn on the tv..

(2014-06-11, 11:10)solamnic Wrote: Weird... since it sends normal mce codes..
I can power on my Arctic HTPC - pressing the right xbox - power button..
with the tv - power button i can turn on the tv..

Weird. Definitely not working for me. I can turn it off with that button once it's on, but I can't turn it on. Not from off and not from standby. Works fine with my MCE remotes.
I have the latest openelec 4.04 installed as an os on my nuc dn2820 and the xbox one remote control does not work ootb.
is there any way to program this remote to turn on my TV without having an xbox one? it seems you need the kinect?
(2014-07-03, 23:26)verismo Wrote: is there any way to program this remote to turn on my TV without having an xbox one? it seems you need the kinect?

AFAIK, you do need the Kinect. There does not appear to be a way without it.
(2014-07-03, 23:26)verismo Wrote: is there any way to program this remote to turn on my TV without having an xbox one? it seems you need the kinect?
Get the XBOX 360 remote... Nod
(2014-06-11, 18:26)pierian Wrote: I have the latest openelec 4.04 installed as an os on my nuc dn2820 and the xbox one remote control does not work ootb.

Well... i'm lost. planning to buy a Nuc next week, and a remote: was hesitating between the Xbox one remote, the old Xbox 360 remote, and a Rii remote.
My favorite one was the xbox One remote, but if it's not working... what a pity!
Is there' a possibility to turn on the Nuc with a remote?
(2014-07-11, 11:47)Mydriaze Wrote: Is there' a possibility to turn on the Nuc with a remote?
My i5 Haswell NUC turns on fine with a standard RC6 Windows Media Center remote. You have (or had) to disable WOL in the BIOS to avoid it coming on semi-randomly from other triggers though.
Which model is it please? Thanks for the hint!
Hey everyone! Sorry for the long post, just trying to push out as much info as I can.

I'm trying to get this Xbox One remote to reliably control my HTPC running 64bit Windows 8.1. I'm currently using EventGhost as per Cassiel's Post, but I've come across some weird problems. The receiver I'm using is a Dell, which appears in the device manager as a Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver.

I'm currently using the MCE plugin for Vista/Win7 with the AlternateMceIrService installed. That part of it seems to work great and I have no issues there. Each command is coming up as MceRemote.Unknown.17CharacterCode (eg, MceRemote.Unknown.BEFFFEFFFAEFAFFF8 for Down). However as I fire off commands, periodically, the codes are misread.

This is the down button being pressed repeatedly, at a fast rate (same rate I would use to browse normally), pointed directly at my receiver. I'm not moving or wavering during this, but as you can see there is some slight variance to the codes that are being received.

I've been experimenting with several remotes, including my Harmony One (which has a solid 400ms of delay after each button press, as everyone who has ever owned one has sadly realised), and several Xbox 360 MCE remotes. I've also tried sourcing a 360 Black remote, but they're not being made or sold any more for a respectable price. I know for a fact that the 360 remotes have no noticeable latency or delay when used on the Xbox itself, however after setting it up via EventGhost with the MCE plugin, there was noticeable delay, multi presses and misreading of commands. Researched revealed that the 360 remotes run on a different channel, so I applied the registry change to switch to channel 8 and restarted. Up front the 360 remote started working perfectly, without the need for EventGhost, as fast as I could press with no error or double presses.

This hack also improved the recognition of the Xbox one remote significantly. Previously the error rate for commands was easily 40%, but now its as little as 10% HOWEVER it still exists.

I've experimented with WinLIRC as well (thanks to this thread), which works somewhat reliably but has a large delay. Adjusting the "Timeout for enduring events" setting makes a large difference, but I cant seem to find a balance to get a low delay without multiple keypresses. WinLIRC also seems to parse repeat functionality weirdly (holding volume up or down). Additionally if I use WinLIRC without EventGhost, each button press fires off anywhere from 1 to 5 commands.

At this stage I'm stumped. I can't find enough information to get me past this block. I feel like what I need is a wildcard perhaps in the event name, although I've already looked up that they don't work like that. The erroneous commands are only slightly different to the real commands and to me this seems like the way IR just functions. I assume most dedicated receivers simply match whatever looks closest to each command. BEAFEFFFAEFXFFF8 is only 3 letters different from BEFFFEFFFAEFAFFF8, that's close enough for me.

Is there anyway to get EventGhost to more thoroughly recognise each command and perhaps its misreads (if I add each event to a macro, one button press always triggers the macro several times)? I thought of running a script comparing the current code to the closest one in a known list of codes every time a button is pressed, but I have no idea how to implement that.

Or perhaps I'm going about this the wrong way. I've seen several mentions that this remote is on the NEC protocol. I have no idea what that really means or how I could take advantage of that. Is there some way to cleverly convert the LIRC button commands to something more readable for EventGhost and the MCE plugin? Is there an NEC plugin I'm missing?

At first I thought this was a limitation of my setup, the receiver or the software, but before using the registry tweak, the 360 remotes were performing exactly the same (with delay, multiple presses and errors reading code), but afterwards the 360 remote works like a dream... Except for the obvious flaws, the volume not working, no availability for replacement, being the size of a femur... etc. Perhaps the Xbox One remote is on a different channel again?

This seems like a perfect remote for me, small, reliable, back lit and enough buttons to work with with good placement. I'd just like it to work reliably.

TL;DR: How do I get the Xbox One media remote to read commands reliably through EventGhost?
So i got the xbox one remote ( real nice remote! ) everything plays nice with flirc exept the volume up and down buttons and mute.

When i program it in flirc it records the keypress but wont follow it in xbmc, is anybody else having problems recording the volume portion of the remote?
Have you tryed using the option in the drop down that says keyboard (I think not at home atm) and try programming the volume keys that way FYI the keys are + for up and - for down
(2014-09-30, 05:26)pe4nut1989 Wrote: Have you tryed using the option in the drop down that says keyboard (I think not at home atm) and try programming the volume keys that way FYI the keys are + for up and - for down

Hey,

Yeah tried that just now, didnt work. How did you do it?

Best
Charlie
I really like the xbox one media-remote for it's simple, intuitive layout and the backlight. Thanks for supporting it.

The only downside it IMHO has is the somehow not perfect reaction-time/repeat-rate handling compared to the in this point almost perfect classic Philips SRM 5100 .

I tried to compensate it a little bit by changing the infrared "repeat delay" and "repeat period" (ir-keytable).

Default for my philips IR-receiver is a
repeat delay of 1000ms and a repeat period of 125ms.

I changed it to 500ms and 125ms (125=unchanged) with
ir-keytable -D 500 -P 125
which seems to make it a little better for my taste, but at the end it seems to be a hardware thing, the Philips remote just being superior and snappier delay-wise.

Anyone experimented for himself?
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Hello everyone,

I preferred for my NUC Xbox 360 media controller (yes the black one). It's working great but I need to configure menu button but I couldn't find the menu code. Could you please help me?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Remote] Xbox One Media Remote1