Centralized database
Looking to transfer my actual xbmc db to my synology and failed to act on the (export/import) stated in the internet tutorials (because when you do so with multiple files as it is recommended, there isn't any way to point to anything when importing...), anyway, I decided to go fresh.

So... :
- shares are set on the synology, populated and shared
- phpmyadmin is installed and running
- sql user is set
- xbmc is on my W7 desktop
- sources.xml (in userdata) points to the synology shared folders (<path pathversion="1">smb://<myip/sharingpath>/</path>)
- advancedsettings.xml (in userdata) points to the sql db on the synology
<host><myip></host>
<port><port></port>
<user><user></user>
<pass><pass></pass>

everything should be ok...

Then I launch xbmc (V12.2 frodo), go to video/files, there is a shared folder named accordingly to sources.xml with the right unc. But if I go to movies, the screen is empty, whatever the display options... !?!?
If I click the two points for the parent folder then I land on the choices screen with 'movies, recently added, files, playlists, extensions' and if I click on movies I get a nice "remote share: the path doesn't exist or is invalid" (when every files is accessible under video/files).... !?!?

What's wrong ? Any idea ??
you have set content and actually scrapped your source? DEBUG LOG!
the debug log shows what I suspected : sql errors all over the file.

Fisrt strange thing is that lines :
Quote:11:13:10 T:3884 NOTICE: Running database version ViewModes4
11:13:10 T:3884 NOTICE: Running database version Textures13
11:13:10 T:3884 NOTICE: Running database version MyMusic32
11:13:10 T:3884 NOTICE: Running database version MyVideos75
11:13:10 T:3884 NOTICE: Running database version TV22
11:13:10 T:3884 NOTICE: Running database version Epg7
when the db's page shows me only 3 databases (except mysql and test) : mymusic32, myvideos75 and information_schema.

Then, the sql errors, consistently like :
Quote:11:13:11 T:8044 DEBUG: CMusicDatabase::GetRecentlyAddedAlbums query: select * from albumview where strAlbum != '' order by idAlbum desc limit 10
11:13:11 T:8044 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1449)
Query: select * from albumview where strAlbum != '' order by idAlbum desc limit 10
or :
Quote:11:13:11 T:4808 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 1, "method": "VideoLibrary.GetMovies", "params": {"properties": ["title", "originaltitle", "playcount", "year", "genre", "studio", "country", "tagline", "plot", "runtime", "file", "plotoutline", "lastplayed", "trailer", "rating", "resume", "art", "streamdetails", "mpaa", "director"], "limits": {"end": 20}, "sort": {"method": "random" }, "filter": {"field": "playcount", "operator": "lessthan", "value": "1"}}}
11:13:11 T:4808 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Calling videolibrary.getmovies
Query: select * from movieview ORDER BY dateAdded desc, idMovie desc LIMIT 10
11:13:11 T:8044 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetMoviesByWhere failed
Query: select * from episodeview ORDER BY dateAdded desc, idEpisode desc LIMIT 10
11:13:11 T:8044 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetEpisodesByWhere failed
Query: select * from musicvideoview ORDER BY dateAdded desc, idMVideo desc LIMIT 10
11:13:11 T:8044 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetMusicVideosByWhere failed
11:13:11 T:8044 DEBUG: CRecentlyAddedJob::UpdateTotal() - Running RecentlyAdded home screen update
11:13:11 T:4808 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1449)
Query: select * from movieview WHERE ((movieview.playCount IS NULL OR movieview.playCount < 1))
11:13:11 T:4808 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetMoviesByWhere failed

mysql error 1449 relates to a non existing user when the users tab in phpmyadmin shows me a registered xbmc user with password set, allowed on any client (%), all privileges and granted (grant : yes)....

So.. What's the binz Huh
where is the Debug Log?
snippets are useless to anyone of us (and use xbmclogs.com for it)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
the log
From the log, it's not showing the actual IP address/port of your MySQL server:

Quote:15:59:04 T:7280 NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host><myip></host>
<port><myport></port>
<user><user></user>
<pass><pass></pass>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host><myip></host>
<port><myport></port>
<user><user></user>
<pass><pass></pass>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>
15:59:04 T:7280 WARNING: VIDEO database configuration is experimental.

My debug log shows the following:

Quote:08:26:23 T:10192 NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.10.200</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.10.200</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>
08:26:23 T:10192 WARNING: VIDEO database configuration is experimental.

This looks like you've not actually completed your advancedsettings.xml file with the correct details.
of course, even if it's not relevant because I'm on a private network, I've edited the information about IP adresses, user and password but I can assure you that these informations in my original advancedsettings.xml are exact, the simple proof (??) being my able to view any movie/series belonging to the shared folders but ONLY in file mode. In movies mode the screen is empty.
Like I said if I'm going one level up I land on the general screen with 'movies, recently added, files, playlists, extensions' then clicking on any of it gives me a nice remote share invalid path !
your probably going to have to post your whole advancedsettings file if you want to get some help
the log linked to xbmclogs.com is whole I have, I don't understand what you mean..
And things are getting better... As I saw, ahem.. was told that the synology phpmyadmin was old and missing some extensions, I tried to update it and now when I launch it I get a nice "this service is disabled". And every try to correct it (check/uncheck php cache, extensions, start/Stop, uninstall/install) is unsuccessful

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Centralized database0