Bug Known issue #13513 (tv shows multiple locations/hdd gives wrong count info)
After seeing lots of people complain about the same matter

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=145765

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=133770

and has been reported "officialy" as bug in here:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13513

BUT, given the time of the report and STILL no one addressed it, I would just like to ask if this is something in the horizon?

It's awful and people should not be obliged to buy 4 HDDs in order to store the tv show all in one disk...
I really don't think anyone gives a crap about the count info being off. Of all the things to work on, of all the things needing to be done, that's one of those things that's not exactly high on the list.
Um, I very clearly addressed it in the ticket to which you link, describing why it would be non-trivial to fix.

As far as I'm aware, it only effects tvshow info being called from files view on a tvshow path. Everything else (library view etc) is unaffected, which is what most people use, right? This particular cosmetic issue can potentially be fixed without much hassle (basically one would need to grab the additional TVShow ids, fetch information then stack down the shows again) but no doubt there'll still be other places where similar issues crop up. Such as the Refresh button not working under that circumstance.

Thus, it is unlikely to be worked on as lots of other stuff needs to be done before this is fixable, as detailed in the ticket.

A workaround is adding all sources as multipaths. That should then work (again, as detailed in the ticket), though as you add disks you'll need to rescan any show spread over that new disk.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-02-28, 05:03)Ned Scott Wrote: I really don't think anyone gives a crap about the count info being off. Of all the things to work on, of all the things needing to be done, that's one of those things that's not exactly high on the list.

Unfortunately, because of people thinking like you, this does not get addressed.
Just to add a few info (you show ignorance) it does not only affect "INFO", it is more problematic than that.
When you remove one of the tvshows you happen to have on several disks, it bugs the tvshow wall, and alters the database incorrectly.
This is something that should never happen, and even basic systems like popcornhour or mede8er (which both suck when compared to XBMC) do this properly since day-1.

It's a shame people cant have an always expanding library (more HDD's each month) without having an uncorrected bug like this one!

(2014-02-28, 06:19)jmarshall Wrote: A workaround is adding all sources as multipaths. That should then work (again, as detailed in the ticket), though as you add disks you'll need to rescan any show spread over that new disk.

Cheers,
Jonathan

This does nothing so far as I can tell.
I mean, what do you mean? I have 8 HDD's all of them inserted on the same source (or multi-path) regarding "movies" and "tvshows" entrances on "file" separator in XBMC.
Each HDD has a "movies" and "tvshows" folder.
Some shows, as they continued in time, made me add them on newer disks, so, for example, I have this:

HDD1/TV Shows/Game Of Thrones/Season 1
HDD1/TV Shows/Game Of Thrones/Season 2

HDD2/TV Shows/Game Of Thrones/Season 3

And so on, with any series. So the workaround you've suggested is exactly the problem I have i.e.. ticket described bug

WTH!
When you add a new path to a source you'll need to rescan the show(s) that span onto that new drive.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

This might be a stupid suggestion, but why not put all shows on the same drive? I've never split my collection - when 1 HDD fills up I add another couple and wait for those to fill up.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2014-03-07, 22:07)djhifi Wrote:
(2014-02-28, 05:03)Ned Scott Wrote: I really don't think anyone gives a crap about the count info being off. Of all the things to work on, of all the things needing to be done, that's one of those things that's not exactly high on the list.

Unfortunately, because of people thinking like you, this does not get addressed.

I'm glad for that. People who think like me look at that issue and go "that's a minor cosmetic flaw, and my limited time would be better spent addressing some larger issue".

Quote:Just to add a few info (you show ignorance) it does not only affect "INFO", it is more problematic than that.
When you remove one of the tvshows you happen to have on several disks, it bugs the tvshow wall, and alters the database incorrectly.
This is something that should never happen, and even basic systems like popcornhour or mede8er (which both suck when compared to XBMC) do this properly since day-1.

It's a shame people cant have an always expanding library (more HDD's each month) without having an uncorrected bug like this one!

I don't really understand your description, but the bug described in those threads and in the 13513 trac ticket is for a cosmetic issue where the count number is wrong in the GUI. If you are talking about something else, or have seen additional symptoms, then please add it to the trac ticket.
(2014-03-08, 01:02)Piers Wrote: This might be a stupid suggestion, but why not put all shows on the same drive? I've never split my collection - when 1 HDD fills up I add another couple and wait for those to fill up.

Hummm...ok So if a TV Show like breaking bad lasts 5 years i need to hold on to the same HDD for 5 years just to have a workaround to the stupid bug...of course, how stupid of me!!!

(2014-03-07, 23:14)jmarshall Wrote: When you add a new path to a source you'll need to rescan the show(s) that span onto that new drive.

SOrry still cant understand.

Thats what i do lol...

I mean, each time i add a new season in a dif. hdd, i scan the DB in multipath (as it is configured)

Or you mean, rescan the show individually if it happens to be a show with spanned-across-disks-seasons ?
Ive noticed this might get fixed on KODI, is that true?

source:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13513#comment:16
" Won't be fixed in 13. I have a potential fix for 14. " --------> JMARSHALL
I haven't tested this yet, but I believe this has been fixed since JM's multipath work did go in.
But in which version Ned? Gotham still?, and also, what does it need to test?
Remove the stored-in-multiple-HDDs-TVshows and rescan ?

EDIT: Can you link to anywhere on the forum where it states that? Can't find it Tongue
It will be for v14 Helix

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4977
Oh I see.

So in order to get this working after the release of Helix, I must delete all the tv shows which are spread across several HDDs and then scan the DB, is that it?
(2014-10-07, 18:51)djhifi Wrote: Oh I see.

So in order to get this working after the release of Helix, I must delete all the tv shows which are spread across several HDDs and then scan the DB, is that it?

I don't think that is required, but I am not sure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Known issue #13513 (tv shows multiple locations/hdd gives wrong count info)2