android theme / seek impossible
With the new arm update xbmc really is decent all round contender, however it still has tbe same major flaw all the other versions have, no real small screen gui / andoid theme that works well with any touch screen device with a small screen. The main problem by far is player controls, seeking in film or mp3 is pretty much impossible. These are fundamental requirments for a media player, cant understand why this has not yet been addressed. A good start would be big fat progress bar to seek with or some k screen nudge controls. These in place, it would be the best player out there on all platforms. Sadly its still unusable me.
Indeed, I am also hoping someone makes a small screen skin. Sadly, my skills in that area are not very good, but I have actually tried a few times to just hack a skin and make the controls really big. So far it has not worked out too well ;)

Hopefully with this being our first version of XBMC that is usable on most Android devices (thanks to hardware video decoding), that will encourage someone to work on a small screen skin.
I'd suggest the "Droid" skin for the time being. Its osd is quite touch friendly.
Re seek in particular, I find swiping very much useable for me
droid doesn't work with latest beta.
(2014-03-05, 16:24)stoolzo Wrote: droid doesn't work with latest beta.
Works for me. What's the issue?
I will try again, showed incompatible. On a
side note is it possible to start music with player controls on screen without then having to select full screen to see the seek bar
(2014-03-05, 16:42)Koying Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 16:24)stoolzo Wrote: droid doesn't work with latest beta.
Works for me. What's the issue?

Droid is not gotham compatible (yet
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
android theme / seek impossible0