[SOLVED] Gotham 3D Issues
I thought an up to date card (Nivdia and I presume others) could do FSBS ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VDPAU#Feature_Set_D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_Pure...HD.29_GPUs

Or am I wrong ?
i have a zotac zbox id18 with a simple celeronu cpu und intelhd graphics ... you get this htpc without ram and hd for about 110,- €uros.

it handles 4k or fullsbs absolutly flawless and it also uses hardware for decoding Smile

without hardware decoding even 1080p with low bitrates stutters sometimes

i stream with 3840x2160 25 fps mp4 uses 8% of core1 and 10% of core2 - i´ve just checked an older screenshot i did
Perhaps the wiki is wrong. I don't know. I understood it to mean that xbmc is disabling hardware decoding. Haven't really had much chance to do any real testing for myself. I've only got one 3d tv and getting any time on it takes a court order. Smile
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-03-13, 15:23)wgstarks Wrote: Perhaps the wiki is wrong. I don't know. I understood it to mean that xbmc is disabling hardware decoding. Haven't really had much chance to do any real testing for myself. I've only got one 3d tv and getting any time on it takes a court order. Smile

i don´t know but with the zbox and my samsung led tv it runs really fine Wink
I read that XBMC won't hardware decode full resolution SBS or TAB files too. The article I read said that you'd need a really powerful CPU and a 4K TV to display it. My living room HTPC is an i3 and my TV is 1080P so I don't even bother trying fsbs. I suppose I could test it out..
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-03-13, 15:33)patseguin Wrote: I read that XBMC won't hardware decode full resolution SBS or TAB files too. The article I read said that you'd need a really powerful CPU and a 4K TV to display it. My living room HTPC is an i3 and my TV is 1080P so I don't even bother trying fsbs. I suppose I could test it out..

pls read my post 17 Wink

you don´t need a powerful hardware for fullsbs

btw as your hardware has much more power than mine you shouldn´t have any problems with playing 4k Wink

maybe it is a problem of understanding because xbmc decodes the fullsbs stream with 3840x1080 and sends it to the tv as 2 x 1920x1080 ... i don´t know how it works but it does
I'll try it. I imagine fsbs will give me better quality than hsbs?
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-03-13, 18:30)patseguin Wrote: I'll try it. I imagine fsbs will give me better quality than hsbs?

it wil give you the same quality like 3d bluray if the bitrate is high enough Wink
Yeah while hsbs looks good, I've noticed the actual bluray in a 3d player looks better. I'll try ripping one at full and see how it looks.
Well you were right b0mb. I re-ripped Gravity as FSBS and it now shows in the library as full 1080p and displays 3D just like OK the disc and smooth as butter on an i3. I'm going to rip my 3D movies in full mode now, thanks for enlightening me!

EDIT: I take that back, I must have been watching the hsbs. I roped a movie at high quality bit rate and 100% the display shows the stereoscopic notification but the TV doesn't go right into 3D mode like my other movies. It just shows 2 full versions of the movie side by side and when 3D kicks in, I get a stretched thin image. I guess I'll stick with hsbs.
(2014-03-14, 00:13)patseguin Wrote: Well you were right b0mb. I re-ripped Gravity as FSBS and it now shows in the library as full 1080p and displays 3D just like OK the disc and smooth as butter on an i3. I'm going to rip my 3D movies in full mode now, thanks for enlightening me!

EDIT: I take that back, I must have been watching the hsbs. I roped a movie at high quality bit rate and 100% the display shows the stereoscopic notification but the TV doesn't go right into 3D mode like my other movies. It just shows 2 full versions of the movie side by side and when 3D kicks in, I get a stretched thin image. I guess I'll stick with hsbs.

you have to set your tv by hand in 3d mode Wink
I did. I get a stretched thin version of the movie. fsbs would not trigger stereoscopic at all and just SBS would but XBMC displayed stereoscopic none and showed the 2 images. I ripped using high bit rate and 100% SBS and added it to the library. Funny thing is that my hsbs movie showed 1080p in info and 1080p disappeared when I selected me 100% ripped movie. Either I'm ripping it wrong or SBS and fsbs don't trigger full side by side. Why it clears the 1080p info I have no idea.
Sounds like you need to fix the headers in mkvmerge.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-03-14, 21:08)nickr Wrote: Sounds like you need to fix the headers in mkvmerge.

Sounds like something I don't want to mess with. Not sure why the header would be messed up in a newly ripped file plus I don't want to be editing all of my 3D movie headers.
hey guys here is what I found our about the 3D UI issue. I have been tinkering with it as trying to watch 3D movies with caption without the UI in 3D is impossible. When playing a 3D movies whatever resolution with the UI in 2D had no issue, but when I enabled the UI in 3D, then my right side image ended stretched,.so basically I ended watching the movie only with one eye Wink ha ha ha.

Here is what I found out to make it work.

1. keep you TV in 2D mode or it's really difficult to navigate through the options.
2. lunch the movie with the option NONE for the stereoscopic and make sure the TV is still in 2D for ease sake (you will change that after once you figure it out).
3. from the movie control (play / pause / stop), go to the movie video options (the icon that looks like a movie real), scroll all the way down and enable STEREOSCOPIC MODE INVERTED (this is the trick which without, it won't work).
4. Now select the 3D options, select CHANGE MODE, and select SIDE BY SIDE.
5. go ahead and turn on your TV 3D mode (also select the inverted mode on the TV) and play.

All will play fine whatever resolution you will use at this point.

One thing I noticed is that though all works perfectly well once you get the 3D movie and UI going, the 3D effect seems deeper but has some distortions that do not show up when playing without the 3D UI. This happens mainly on fast moving actions. It is like looking through reverberation above a road on a hot summer day. Can get you kind of sea sick. At this point I think maybe a better graphics card or CPU would be needed. I am running my XBMC on an old laptop with a basic Intel HD graphics card and a Pentium CPU.

So I think at this point there is no reason to rip in a different format of whatever, but the plugin needs a little bit of work.

Still great to have it. I want to thank the xbmc guys that bring us all these great functionality. Keep it up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Gotham 3D Issues0