Odd freezing up issue after fresh win7 install help !!
I have a ivy bridge i3 a da asus mb Samsung ssd and a nvidia gtx430. My htpc was running smooth. Had xmbc running on 12.2 and running great no playback issues. No lag

Now I formatted my ssd and put a fresh copy of win7 and now I have strange issues with playback of blu ray. Not actually blu ray all blu rays that don't use hd surround ( true hd dts master ) it plays great. Now when I play anything with hd surround, it will play ok for a few minutes then causes it to freeze up and it will say buffering and then it will eventually resume and playback. When it does play, it plays great just have this odd playback issue now. I tried it on media center as well and have the same playback issue. I took the nvidia out of the equation and used the intel inboard. Plays great but still freezes up on hd surrounds.

Any ideas ? Bad ram ? I would say ssd drive but everything else seems to play ok. The drives are ok since they playback everything else ok I would think. CPU ? A setting in windows I'm missing somewhere or in Xbmc ?

Any and all help would be a life savor as I can not figure this out for the life of me. All settings should be the same as they always are.

Thanks for any help guys

Keith
1) http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file

2) Use 12.3

3) Check your audio settings from here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Hello my audio setting have been checked and everything is correct

This is my first time getting a log report from xbmc. I did what it said I enabled the log then played the mkv again to reproduce the freeze and resume of playback. It did happen while I was doing the log. Emailed it to myself. It seems long so I will post the link that was given to me through my email. Hopefully it will tell someone what is wrong with my system.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=149099

Thank you to anyone that can help me figure this riddle out. I have posted everywhere. Avs and many other forums.

Keith
Also don't know if it helps but I also did the osd info while playing a movie and the

Vcpu is 62%
Cache is 91%

I looked at another members osd screenshot and those numbers were much lower. Just not sure maybe one of the great members on this forum can make sense of those numbers

Thanks again for anyone's help
As Piers suggested, update to 12.3 (I'd be tempted to go with Gotham nightly, they've changed around the audio code) check your audio settings, something is amiss there. Your system looks taxed, perhaps you missed an update on the gfx driver.
(2014-03-15, 01:14)PatK Wrote: As Piers suggested, update to 12.3 (I'd be tempted to go with Gotham nightly, they've changed around the audio code) check your audio settings, something is amiss there. Your system looks taxed, perhaps you missed an update on the gfx driver.

Hi

Ya I mean I checked everything according to guides found online. Had the same settings I believe before I did the fresh windows install and never had a problem. System does lag at times especially when the video freezes. Do you think it's a hardware issue or just something in a codec or setting ? I can take screen shots of my settings just don't know how to upload them on here from my ipad

Would love to get this fixed as I have movies I would love to watch but don't want them to freeze up on me
Try a Gotham nightly - they've done a lot to the AE.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2014-03-15, 07:16)Piers Wrote: Try a Gotham nightly - they've done a lot to the AE.

I don't know if it was a xbmc issue. The other member said my system looked taxed by the log file I had from xbmc. I don't know what the cause can be. The video drivers are up to date. Everything was playing nice and smooth no issues before I installed a fresh copy of windows.

I have also noticed when playback freezes the entire computer lags. The mouse arrow will move slow and all. Started thinking it was a hardware issue but have no idea what it could be as most of my stuff is new

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Odd freezing up issue after fresh win7 install help !!0