XBMC TV BOX
hi, so i have my htpc hp micro prolant n40l and a naz strong all my media. i have used an atv2 with xbmc and i have tried a raspbery pi but still the UI is so slow. it lags all the time and loading all my movies(150) and tvshows (100). i would like something that is fast that can keep up with the controls. can anyone recoend a android box or soming like that. sorry for the spelling/grammer i suck at it. not the best lol
I would recommend either one of the Intel NUCs (bay trail or haswell) or the Ouya which is Android-based.
looking for something under £100
I'm in the same boat as you, the pi is too slow for me now. Seems like for the price the Mygica ATV520E (the one with the external antannae) is the best bang for the buck at $100
Heres a demo showing how quick it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nXiy_WSDt4
ODROID-U3 or OUYA.
(2014-03-19, 01:11)derrickrozay Wrote: I'm in the same boat as you, the pi is too slow for me now. Seems like for the price the Mygica ATV520E (the one with the external antannae) is the best bang for the buck at $100
Heres a demo showing how quick it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nXiy_WSDt4

Remember to factor in the developers for these devices... I would reckon the Ouya has a more active community than a random Android box. They also enjoy the support from the Ouya devs which is probably more reliable longer term than a little known device. Software, drivers etc. Just a thought anyway, I don't own an Ouya myself so I may be dead wrong here.
no thats true, iv owned one and others and the pi and i sold em all
with android idk i just dont like the experience i get with it ,doesnt feel right, and with the pi , i liked but only for fun and as a experiment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0B93hobDBI
iv had many htpc high end and low end ..i rather have a lower end budget htpc atom based for around 100 then a android box
but if your set on android best bet would prob be the ouya or theres one forget the names but its dualcore minimx maybe?
The only reason to get an Android box at this point is for the apps and the Android experience. With the launch of the bay trail NUCs I really don't see the appeal unless you want some dirt cheap noname HDMI stick for 40 bucks.

More often than not, you get what you pay for. If you want to save yourself a lot of headache and hassle then go with X86 and one of the Intel NUCs or build a cheap PC. That's just my 2 cents after having owned Popcorn Hour, Boxee Box, and Raspberry PI units. If it weren't for the lack of support for the Ouya platform when it comes to other apps, then I might have gone with that. I have chosen the Intel NUC route and I probably won't be switching to ARM anytime soon.
ya the nuc is a good choice and prices are goin down like i said around 100 or under go with cheap build/atom build
next step up would prolly be the nuc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC TV BOX0