xbmc programming
I want to study and modify the source code xbmc but do not know where to start. XBMC wiki instructions very difficult to follow. Please help me.

I am fluent in php and basic C/C++/C#

thank you
Github
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks nickr.

I've looked at grithup

I tried to run it but get an error.

I downloaded the source code at grithup and xbmc.org but error runs

thank you
Did you read HOW-TO:Compile_for_Windows (wiki)
Thanks Kib

i have read and follow around 6-7 times before exhaustion

in step 6

build using VC + + 2010

a few bugs

1>------ Build started: Project: XbmcCommons, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>------ Skipped Build: Project: gtest, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
3>------ Build started: Project: UnrarXLib, Configuration: Debug (DirectX) Win32 ------
1> XbmcCommons.vcxproj -> D:\xbmc-master\project\VS2010Express\libs\XbmcCommons\Debug\XbmcCommonsd.lib
3> UnrarXLib.vcxproj -> D:\xbmc-master\project\VS2010Express\libs\UnrarXLib\Debug (DirectX)\UnrarXLibd.lib
4>------ Build started: Project: libPlatinum, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
4> libPlatinum.vcxproj -> D:\xbmc-master\project\VS2010Express\libs\libPlatinum\Debug\libPlatinumd.lib
5>------ Build started: Project: XbmcThreads, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
6>------ Build started: Project: libhts, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
6> libhts_2010.vcxproj -> D:\xbmc-master\project\VS2010Express\libs\libhts\Debug\libhts.lib
5> XbmcThreads.vcxproj -> D:\xbmc-master\project\VS2010Express\libs\XbmcThreads\Debug\XbmcThreadsd.lib
7>------ Build started: Project: libXDAAP, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
7> libXDAAP_win32.vcxproj -> D:\xbmc-master\project\VS2010Express\libs\libXDAAP\Debug\libXDAAPd.lib
8>------ Build started: Project: libRTV, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
8> libRTV.vcxproj -> D:\xbmc-master\project\VS2010Express\libs\libRTV\Debug\libRTV_win32.lib
9>------ Build started: Project: squish, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
9> squish_2010.vcxproj -> D:\xbmc-master\project\VS2010Express\libs\squish\Debug\squishd.lib
10>------ Build started: Project: XBMC, Configuration: Debug (DirectX) Win32 ------
10>LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt
========== Build: 8 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

I really need help
I don't know much about compiling on windows, but if you are at Step 6, amy be conclude that building the project at Step 5 completed without error?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It might be unkind to point it out, but this might be a long programming journey if you don't know how to compile it in the first place. If you're modifying code, you'll inevitably have many more times when things don't work properly.

Perhaps this is an initiation test... :-)
(2014-03-19, 09:10)nickr Wrote: I don't know much about compiling on windows, but if you are at Step 6, amy be conclude that building the project at Step 5 completed without error?

at Step 5, too

2 failed, 6 up-to-date, 1 skipped
========== Build: 29 succeeded, 2 failed, 6 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

Where you usually compiling, nickr ?

I will try compiling on that platform

thanks nickr

========================

(2014-03-19, 11:30)Prof Yaffle Wrote: It might be unkind to point it out, but this might be a long programming journey if you don't know how to compile it in the first place. If you're modifying code, you'll inevitably have many more times when things don't work properly.

Perhaps this is an initiation test... :-)

Thanks Prof Yaffle.

Today, I think I need to learn to develop skin + addon instead seeks to edit source xbmc

I need to compile it because I want to install many different TV box with my skin and addon
Clearly you don't understand XBMC at all if you think you have to compile to install a skin or addon.
At least he(she) is trying. Wink
(2014-03-19, 20:33)nickr Wrote: Clearly you don't understand XBMC at all if you think you have to compile to install a skin or addon.

thanks nickr

I want the setup file to contain my skin and add on (edited) when i install on any box.

simple to understand that I want to clone from box to box

(So, I think need to recompile XBMC)

(2014-03-19, 22:52)TugboatBill Wrote: At least he(she) is trying. Wink

Thanks TugboatBill

yes I'm trying but it's hard.

I compile on windows to try but I really need is on android. You know that android can not use "norton ghost" or other program to create an image file as windows.

(So, I think need to recompile XBMC)

I really need to clone from box to box with my skin edited
I think you need to look at your packaging rather than your compiling. The compiled program will be no different. Even the default skin (confluence) is not compiled.

And I didn't mean to be disparaging, sorry if it came across like that.

Like many problems, if people say what they are trying to do, it makes it easier to help Smile
(2014-03-20, 04:41)nickr Wrote: I think you need to look at your packaging rather than your compiling. The compiled program will be no different. Even the default skin (confluence) is not compiled.

And I didn't mean to be disparaging, sorry if it came across like that.

Like many problems, if people say what they are trying to do, it makes it easier to help Smile

Smile I understand and will research more, thank you very much ^^
What is there to research?

Skins and addons are 100% independent packages to xbmc, sure they need xbmc but they dont require any xbmc source code compiling of any kind unless of course you compiling for specific android hardware

Look at any addon or skin that already exists for xbmc and you will see.

You mention you really need to compile for android and you need to install in many boxes -- so I presume you are getting ready to ship/sell your own version of xbmc, pre-packaged in boxes with any addons/skins by default,

Do note, that any thing you ship/provide yourself is 100% your responsibility and duty to support both the xbmc and addons/skins you "ship", and you are also legally responsible for providing anything that may be legally questionable or may give the wrong impression of xbmc..

idk for sure what you up to or really trying to achieve and perhaps I jumped the gun there, but, given what I read so far, thats the impression you left me with.
Thanks uNiversal

I will install on multiple box with skins and add on (edited) and sell it.

I do that because, I see XBMC is a open source. Can i do it ? (have any violate ?)

I was studying the skin and add on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc programming0