Android smart tv 4.2 box
Is anyone else trying to get Gotham to run on a Android Smart tv box 4.2, I installed Gotham and Mashup and it wont run movies with video only sound..Any type on how I can get this to work correctly or ideas on other apps?
You really need to provide a ton more information than you have. What is the brand name of the box your using? What CPU chipset is it running? What version of XBMC are you running? What file types are you having problems with?. You will also need to post diagnostic logs
Hi, The only info I could find in the Android is.. It's called, Newer Dual Core Model A10-20 Android 4.2 firmware Box-20130821, Processor ARMv7 Processor reu4(v71), I currently have Gotham with fusion installed on it and mashup, icefilms, one channel no matter what I try to open video on it gives me audio but no video and ther are alot that won't even load at all. any help would be much appreciated, Thank you.
I installed XBMC Gotham on my google TV and have the same problem. no video, only sound.
I am at a loss as to what to do next
(2014-03-27, 00:20)philster65 Wrote: Hi, The only info I could find in the Android is.. It's called, Newer Dual Core Model A10-20 Android 4.2 firmware Box-20130821, Processor ARMv7 Processor reu4(v71), I currently have Gotham with fusion installed on it and mashup, icefilms, one channel no matter what I try to open video on it gives me audio but no video and ther are alot that won't even load at all. any help would be much appreciated, Thank you.

Not sure, but it sounds like an Allwinner A20 box.

Clear Data and Cache and Uninstall XBMC. Then try installing the apk from here: http://www.vidon.me/vidon_xbmc.htm

These are the only builds that I know of that hardware acceleration support for Allwinner SoCs.
I am at work right now, when i get home later I will try this for sure..I will keep you posted Thanks very much!!
I just bought a T-R42 to goof around with. Seems OK but bluray rips stutter and sometimes even causes XBMX to shutdown. This thing is an RK3188. Is there a recent thread for the T-R42? I tried searching "T-R42" but the search doesn't like it.

I doubt the Vidon.me apk would work on this thing, correct?
(2014-03-30, 15:19)sfleck Wrote: I just bought a T-R42 to goof around with. Seems OK but bluray rips stutter and sometimes even causes XBMX to shutdown. This thing is an RK3188. Is there a recent thread for the T-R42? I tried searching "T-R42" but the search doesn't like it.

I doubt the Vidon.me apk would work on this thing, correct?

video.me is for allwinner solutions, and yrs is RK3188
acemaxtec
where do i find that my search isn't getting any results even close to video.me..
(2014-03-31, 00:42)philster65 Wrote: where do i find that my search isn't getting any results even close to video.me..

Only Allwinner devices have to use vidon.me builds.

Your Rockchip has hardware decoding support via libstagefright/mediacodec within XBMC Gotham (13) and greater.

Some people have report problems with MediaCodec for some videos. You can turn it off in the settings and leave Libstagefright turned on or vice versa.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/android...bi-v7a.apk
You are all very knowledgable and helpful, Thanks very much!
(2014-03-24, 21:47)philster65 Wrote: Is anyone else trying to get Gotham to run on a Android Smart tv box 4.2, I installed Gotham and Mashup and it wont run movies with video only sound..Any type on how I can get this to work correctly or ideas on other apps?

I have same problem it is due to HD videos XBMC unable to play HD like 720p video on AMLogic so there is only one option select sd video instread of 720 or HD and disable option from hardware acceleration for AMlogic (1st option) to avoid audio delay in SD videos
(2014-04-02, 11:45)jogibains Wrote:
(2014-03-24, 21:47)philster65 Wrote: Is anyone else trying to get Gotham to run on a Android Smart tv box 4.2, I installed Gotham and Mashup and it wont run movies with video only sound..Any type on how I can get this to work correctly or ideas on other apps?

I have same problem it is due to HD videos XBMC unable to play HD like 720p video on AMLogic so there is only one option select sd video instread of 720 or HD and disable option from hardware acceleration for AMlogic (1st option) to avoid audio delay in SD videos

I resolved this by enabling "Sync Playback to display" under Settings > Video > Playback. Leave the A/V sync method on Video Clock.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...s#Playback

I also created a advancedsettings.xml with the following:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <video>
     <!-- fps detection for video playback,
               0 = trust codec fps,
               1 = recalculate from video timestamps with uniform spacing,
               2 = recalculate from video timestamps always
     -->
     <fpsdetect>2</fpsdetect>
   </video>
</advancedsettings>

The seems to have corrected all of my A/V sync issues, even when I skip forward in a video.

[/code]
Hey I need some help with my Android box its doing the same thing playing sound not video all I see is U2O dual-core Android 4.2 can anyone help and im get a error message cent connect to url
(2014-04-02, 15:26)helkish Wrote:
(2014-04-02, 11:45)jogibains Wrote:

I resolved this by enabling "Sync Playback to display" under Settings > Video > Playback. Leave the A/V sync method on Video Clock.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...s#Playback

I also created a advancedsettings.xml with the following:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <video>
     <!-- fps detection for video playback,
               0 = trust codec fps,
               1 = recalculate from video timestamps with uniform spacing,
               2 = recalculate from video timestamps always
     -->
     <fpsdetect>2</fpsdetect>
   </video>
</advancedsettings>

The seems to have corrected all of my A/V sync issues, even when I skip forward in a video.

[/code]

This is the same issue I have myself. Unfortunately by enabling "Sync Playback to display" under Settings > Video > Playback did not solved the problem.

Can you please elaborate more on how to use the advancedsettings.xml file you just described above ?

Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
smart tv 4.2 box0