Win XBMC 13 Beta 3 does not start
Hi,

I have a major problem: I switched from version 12.3 to 13 Beta 3.

While under 12.3 everything went fine, the new version refuses to start. After double-clicking the icon, nothing happens - no splash screen, no flickering, no GUI. There is not even a log file produced, so I'm totally lost in what is going wrong.

The XBMC thread shows in the task manager for some seconds, than it vanishes.

The hardware is an old AMD Athlon XP 2600 with 1GB RAM, running Windows 7 (I know this is a miminum setup, but it worked up to now...) The system uses a Terratec Synergy Hybrid Stick for live TV based on DVBviewer Pro.

Please advise! Thanks...
Silly question maybe, but did you restart your pc?[/i]
Yes. Multiple times. I also did a fresh install removing 12.3 before installing the new version. I also installed with and without administrator privileges.

Nothing helped.
Have you tried restoring your pc to a time before the problem began? I understand the fresh install, but did you perform a "RESTORE"
did you clean out your userdata folder?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi,

thank you.

The problem just began when I installed the new version, so there is nothing to restore: Switching back to 12.3 would solve the problem, but since I extensively use Live TV, I would like to use Gotham.

The userdata folder was erased during the removal of the old version; Gotham did not create the new user data folder up to now (that's also the reason why I have no log files to provide). I guess the crash happens before...
Most likely a permission issue in your APPDATA folder.
Dit you install it under your Administrator user as installing under different users doesn't work.

Optional is to try running it in portable mode
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Win...table_mode
by changing the shortcut and adding a -p
Thanks for the hint.

I tried to install both with and without admin privileges. I also tried to run with and without admin rights. No effect.

Starting in portable mode also doesn't help :-(

Not to have a log file is really bad...
something seriously wrong then
Thanks.

Would you please reactivate the bug report you canceled this morning? Or do you still see a chance here on the forum?
I think this is because the Gotham builds are built with SSE2 and AMD Athlon XP 2600 does not support SSE2 instructions. It will require a custom build.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Oh... will these builds come with the final? Our is the support dropped?
This is final so indeed support is dropped
mmh if its the sse2 problem a popup should occur and notifying that a sse2 capable system is needed.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
There is no popup. There is simply nothing. The task just appears in the task manager and vanishes after a second. So it's no SSE2 issue?!?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13 Beta 3 does not start0