• 10(current)
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices
Carolinablue, it's not an add on. It's a complete build. You have to install it using the toothpick procedure.
@hanoy

Look at programs addons.

im sorry dhead...what do u mean by program addon? is there an addon for wifi ? am i suppose to install that addon first ?
thanks
(2014-05-28, 07:08)hanoy Wrote: @hanoy

Look at programs addons.

im sorry dhead...what do u mean by program addon? is there an addon for wifi ? am i suppose to install that addon first ?
thanks

nevermind...i got it
thanks alotBig Grin
@dhead, as far as I can tell it's any mp3, but will pm with two mp3s I use to test later today.

This patch, is there source for it? Or we need to create it? I saw a lot of commits on old pivos xbmc branch from davilla in terms of alsa sink just not sure which to include - I can read code but am not the best c dev.

Will try frodo build later to see if problem is there too
Current setup:
Amlogic M3/MX + Linux + BOXiK Skin + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6

Previous setup:
Revo 3700 + flirc + OpenElec nightlies + Quartz + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6
atv1 + Crystalbuntu + XBMC nightly + xperience1080
@Ilia

I'm not sure that this is the issue but this is the Alsa patch and except it everything else related to audio already in the upstream XBMC Gotham sources or the few patches on the Buildroot tree.

https://github.com/MakakLabs/xbmc/commit...deaa6737aa

We might also need to play with the cpu scaling governor, see how Corey worked out audio issues with M6
https://github.com/CoreTech-Development/...41c41018eb

I believe I will have some time to look at this only two weeks from now.
@dhead

Thanks for that info.

I tried the 12.2 and its working fine, even with old kernel, so must be something with xbmc or as you said with the governor

pm'ed the files

Thanks,

Popping/Crackling - sounds interesting Smile
Current setup:

Previous setup:
Revo 3700 + flirc + OpenElec nightlies + Quartz + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6
will the M3 images work on a sumvision cyclone slim + ?
@tonybmw92

Regarding all of those Geniatech/Mygica (it's the same company) rebranded devices with all these weird names like Sumvision, Jinxbox and similar from other crappy resellers, the rule of thumb is if you can install Geniatech official firmware (Android + uBoot) then do so and after you could install the Linux image.

I believe this (at the link below) is the latest update from Geniatech, read carefully the instruction and compare the devices in the list (specification on each product page) to the one you've got.
And I recommend to have a recovery firmware in hand from the original supplier you bought from.

http://www.geniatech.com/news/m3-android...uction.asp
Good news !

Updated kernel 2.6.34.15 for M1,M3 with Mali API19 was pushed out by Stane (in fact I'm not sure this also supports M1).
This is the same version as the binary kernel releases in Corey's Buildroot tree so now we are at the same point.

From what I understand this will be the latest kernel release from Amlogic for the M1. M3, so now I can remove the request for updated releases from Amlogic.

My todo list for the near future (near is subjective):
* Update the builds with the kernel 2.6.34.15.
* Update libMali.so blob to API19.
* Bump libamplayer to the latest release.

I've added the release to my linux-meson repository as the branch wip/2.6.34.15.
https://github.com/MakakLabs/linux-meson
@dhead,

In terms of music audio, I did a bit more digging. I also have a MX box with latest Corey build. So with queueing the two files i PM'd you on both latest M3 and M6/MX i was able to reproduce the issue (first plays fine, crackling on second file). FYI on J1nx old amlogic source with Frodo I do not get the issue.

I also found that crackling stays even though you stop the music playback, none of the xbmc music settings have any effect (afaik). Changing settings will stop the crackling.

In terms of cpu scale i don't see much different between J1nx and Coreys build
J1nx: https://github.com/Ilia/buildroot-AmLogi...d/S10setup

In terms of ALSA there is a slight version bump from 1.0.23 to 1.0.26 but not sure if that would be the issue.

I am porting the sampleRate and other various changes that are not in Gotham but are in your xbmc fork and the-hydra's fork, building as i write, so fingers cross.

Can anyone else confirm that they have this issue. Easy to replicate - queue some music with mp3 Smile
Current setup:

Previous setup:
@dhead,

I reported this to Corey via github issue, since i think it also concerns the MX builds.

I also created this patch, with it I think I have added everything I could find but with same results Sad. This could be a kernel issue.

(on the plus side I was able to trigger passthrough, by forcing it for now)

https://github.com/Ilia/buildroot-mx_lin...b1a1faed41

Finally found error in dmesg:

[ 1710.946437] audio data unligned: pos=6968, n=1248, align=16
[ 1710.976685] audio data unligned: pos=7992, n=800, align=16
[ 1711.016417] audio data unligned: pos=824, n=4096, align=16
Current setup:

Previous setup:
@Ilia

Getting passthrough to work is a very good news, consider sending a PR with the passthrough related changes to Corey's Buildroot repository, this way you'll probably get a quicker response from developers if this is the right way to solve it.

Regarding the audio crackling while this may origin in the kernel the fact is that it doesn't exist in Frodo hint it can be fixed from XBMC side.
I don't got the time yet to investigate this and debugging it properly might be over my coding skills (might need to debug the soc sound driver), so focusing on the MX device would be better for getting wider response from developers.

p.s. I'm following Corey's Github repository so you don't have to dual post, just use Github issue tracker.
Hi dhead,

I just wanted to say thanks for the MyGica build. It's working brilliantly at the moment. The 12.x XBMC linux builds I used to use always used to crash on me occasionally but Gotham has been stable so far.

The only issue I have noticed is it doesn't seem to pick up xbmc-data from the sdcard - so advancedsettings.xml etc have to be stored in /root/.xbmc
@dhead, I forced passthrough in the code which is not the ideal way to do, will try to make it better see how I go
Current setup:

Previous setup:
Will this work with the little black box?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices7