Dev Contact For Interview
Clearly not, and Im obviously not the part of the target audience, but still, if there is such a big deal on posting a simple blog address where one can go and see what things it offers, then the source has to be questioned and I have questioned it and due to response, deemed it a dubious and unlikely source of any content, that as a XBMC user alone says all I need to know, because simply there is no interest in transparency to the XBMC userbase which I am part of to begin with.
Some homework reading should be a recommended prerequisite before even gathering questions for a such interview, and I guess that answers to most questions about that can probably be found in these previous discussion threads

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=117995
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171518
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=186998

Short answer; XBMC is legal, however some third-party addons that are not in the official repository does violate copyrights making them illegal in many countries, but that does not mean that XBMC itself was designed only for piracy.

As discussed in those threads, main problem are the people selling media players with such addons pre-installed, which in sometimes gives many buyers of those the false belief that they are what XBMC if for.

You could compare it to someone selling a cracked/jailbroken Xbox360, PS3, or Wii with several pirated games pre-installed with a nice loader or those games, or someone selling an iPod / MP3 player pre-loaded with pirated music.

Someone selling cracked game-consoles pre-loaded with pirated games does mean Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo support piracy, just as Apple is not to blame if someone would sell iPods pre-loaded with pirated music.

And the same goes with XBMC, it does not endorse other people assisting people to pirate, however XBMC is an open platform so it does not need to be jailbroken, unlike products from companies like Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo.
Folks, the OP's purpose was to get set up an interview with a developer. Don't turn this into another thread about legality and piracy, or fill it with mis- or preconceptions.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
RockerC, thank you but you are preaching to the choir. I am an avid and well-versed fan of xbmc. Again, just wanted an interview and thought the devs might appreciate the opportunity or at the least be willing to help out for a fan's sake. thrak76 is correct and succinct. Much obliged. The article will be primarily focused on children and coding and kids games and dvd collections and the like. As a sidebar it will also address the piracy elephant in the room. (See how it derailed this room. Good grief.)
If you're okay with me (not a dev), I'll try to answer as much of the questions as I can. You'll have mail in a bit.
All I wanted was a blog address to check it out, that was turned into the request from hell.
(2014-04-23, 10:53)Ned Scott Wrote: If you're okay with me (not a dev), I'll try to answer as much of the questions as I can. You'll have mail in a bit.

board members should be answering those questions
(2014-04-22, 16:55)Jmhthefirst Wrote: I don't want to post the blog address here as I am new to this process and don't want to step on toes.

I don't think anyone would mind.

http://thedaddyyodude.com

I liked your section on testicular cancer. I was also diagnosed with testicular cancer at 29, and it was also in my left testicle (RIP, lefty), though it sounds like you went through a lot more than I did. Just when I was telling people that laptops were safe, haha. It's a hard topic for guys to talk about, so hats off to you for putting your experience online like that.
(2014-04-23, 11:22)amet Wrote:
(2014-04-23, 10:53)Ned Scott Wrote: If you're okay with me (not a dev), I'll try to answer as much of the questions as I can. You'll have mail in a bit.

board members should be answering those questions

What do you think is being asked here? This is a blogger who wants to have some questions answered for his blog post. If you don't trust my judgement to answer a few simple questions like this then you should have objected to me being added to the contact mailing list, where I have already replied to a magazine author, a few sponsorship requests, and more.

I waited for someone else to even reply to him and so far nothing. Since he'd like the responses sooner than later, and no one else stepped up to the plate (including Foundation Board members), then I'll help the guy out. Is that a problem?
as always, feel free to do what you like.... I thought we voted in board to deal with all those questions, but I guess not... my bad.
never saw anything in my mail.

from my point of view i don't have a problem you answering if you send it at least for reading to the board for a quick read to have a second pair of eyes.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks Ned Scott et al. I look forward to your email, then.

Much obliged. Do you have a time frame for me?
I'll write something up later today, then I'll let the rest of the team take a look at it to see if they're okay with it, so early tomorrow-ish, if that's okay.
(2014-04-23, 21:29)Ned Scott Wrote: I'll write something up later today, then I'll let the rest of the team take a look at it to see if they're okay with it, so early tomorrow-ish, if that's okay.
Anything you can do is amazing, thank you. The sooner the better.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dev Contact For Interview0