Windows v Linux for XBMC Frontend
(2014-05-05, 05:38)freddyboy Wrote:
(2014-04-25, 01:53)nickr Wrote: Netflix works on Linux via pipelight.

Forget it. Clumpsy install.. Mozilla based streaming. Not a proper way to run Netflix.
you don't make much sense I'm afraid.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I gave up on xbmc for streaming. Every single streaming addon out there is a hacked one, most likely scraping info from Web pages. Every time there is a change to the Web page, the addon breaks. Sometimes they break for good due to drm (bluecop's Amazon prime)

What I highly recommend is, use xbmc for local content. Openelec works great for that. And get a streamer box for streaming such as a roku or a chromecast. Chromecast also supports browser tab mirroring so you can stream from random websites and put those on the big screen as well.
@aptalca you are right, it is all about using the right tool for the right job. XBMCs strengths are in local content and (arguably) as a DVR. DRM is poison and that is why it doesn't play well with open source software.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows v Linux for XBMC Frontend0