Television capable of running XBMC natively

Update 3-08-2014: New physical prototype.

Aio one is more awesome than meets the eye. It is an Android device, desktop Linux computer and a real TV all in one. It is a crossover between a smart TV and All in one computer. With a clean and minimalist aesthetic our focus will be on all the details, even the smallest.

The Aio is a delivery platform, a device to bring content to the user. It is all about content.

Here are a few ways you can use Aio:

- Hardware upgradeable
- Watch television with system that integrates your social networks and notification that will expanding the user Experience
- Video call (Skype)
- Download your favourite content from the internet (Always-ON bittorrent box)
- Free Home cloud system for your convenience (eg OwnCloud, SelfCloud)
- Plays all your media content in an integrated media player (eg XBMC)
- Streaming from internet (eg Netflix, Hulu, youtube,… )
- Play your favourite games (android games)
- The power of a Linux desktop with LibreOffice and much more

Stay tuned for site news and subscribe the newsletter…

Update 3-08-2014: New physical prototype.
Update 4-08-2014: added update date

http://aio-one.com/
I personally would want my playback device and display device separate.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
I'd also want my devices separate. A TV can last a LONG time. Easily 10 years and much longer in many cases. But ten years in, whatever 'smart' components in said TV will be woefully obsolete and it'll only be useful as a television. With a separate box I can replace the box, or replace the TV and move the box upward, or whatever I want really.
Hello,

Thank you all for your feedback.

Both of you are right, but I also thought about it Wink
in order to resolve this situation I made the motherboard upgradeable Smile

The integration of TV with the hardware will allow to achieve a better user experience than otherwise. It is not a matter of control but of quality.

thank you,
John
I like it. If it is XBMC ready then it could be a winner. Many, if not most, struggle with mods to make XBMC work. The comments about the lifespan of a TV vs. a smartbox are good, but not fatal. There are many groups of users out there. It looks promising.....
(2014-04-23, 22:03)SirStreamalot Wrote: I like it. If it is XBMC ready then it could be a winner. Many, if not most, struggle with mods to make XBMC work. The comments about the lifespan of a TV vs. a smartbox are good, but not fatal. There are many groups of users out there. It looks promising.....

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

If it is not too much trouble, could you all subscribe the newsletter?

This way you can all be up to date with news about the product.

Best regards,
John
I am just not seeing the benefits of this over a television with a computer mounted to the back of it.
So you put in that AIO on CPU and GPU power what's in here? https://www.miniand.com/products/GK802%2...ifications

CPU: Freescale i.MX6 Quad Core CPU 1.2GHZ
Graphics: Vivante GC2000 Quad core GPU
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Not a motherboard upgrade issue... for instance, I want flexibility to connect my XBMC device to a front projection system or a larger HDTV or whatever.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2014-04-23, 23:55)p750mmx Wrote: So you put in that AIO on CPU and GPU power what's in here? https://www.miniand.com/products/GK802%2...ifications

CPU: Freescale i.MX6 Quad Core CPU 1.2GHZ
Graphics: Vivante GC2000 Quad core GPU

Hello,

The processor Freescale i.MX6 is used in many devices:
- Tablets
- SBC (single board computer)
- Android TV Stick
- Many more devices ...

In the case of my product and specifically this version also uses this processor.

I hope I answered the question.
Smile

If it is not too much trouble, could you subscribe the newsletter?
This way you can be up to date with news about the product.

Best regards,
John
"With a clean and minimalist aesthetic"

It's way too bulky in my opinion. Bezel is too large compared to modern flat screens and it's not very thin. Appreciate that's because it has a motherboard etc....
Kodi 16.1 on main HTPC Win 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
3 x Pi2 running Kodi 16.1 (OSMC)
TVHeadend PVR server providing Freeview HD and Freesat HD
(2014-04-24, 11:38)rlg6767 Wrote: "With a clean and minimalist aesthetic"

It's way too bulky in my opinion. Bezel is too large compared to modern flat screens and it's not very thin. Appreciate that's because it has a motherboard etc....

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

The product that you see on the site is the physical prototype. And everything works perfectly.

The final version will be thinner and modern.
If the technology allowed and costs also, my product would have an almost nonexistent bazel Wink

Best regards,
John
(2014-04-24, 01:09)hdmkv Wrote: Not a motherboard upgrade issue... for instance, I want flexibility to connect my XBMC device to a front projection system or a larger HDTV or whatever.

I understand what you say. I would say that you need something like devices that openelec supports.

In the future you will not have to pay more to get this kind of integration. Wink
At a price of a midrange TV it would already be possible to have this kind of integration. But the big brands only see profit.
so if I want to beat them, I'll have to do better for less money Smile

Best regards,
John
(2014-04-24, 01:09)hdmkv Wrote: Not a motherboard upgrade issue... for instance, I want flexibility to connect my XBMC device to a front projection system or a larger HDTV or whatever.

In my humble opinion I think that in future all media devices will have enough CPU power which will make TV Box/sticks part of the past and not of the future.

I'm not talking about a very distant future, I would say it is almost tomorrow.

In my opinion of course.

Best regards,
John

hello everyone,

Can I ask you for help?

How do you imagine your perfect tv? I'm talking about a "one click solution" and simplicity

can not express how important your opinion is to me. This is not bullshit. if I want to succeed have to listen very carefully to people's thoughts.
And I really want to succeed
Wink

Best regards,
John

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Television capable of running XBMC natively1