1 word answer is enough.
That NOD looks great , I want one .
Bad quality upload? That sound like you looking at the pirate addons, and those arent supported here and are against forum rules. So in that case, goto post #2
As a new player I wouldn't know which are banned, so that's one of the reasons for my question, you'll point me in the right way for good stuff. And as for pirates, let's be honest lost of the stuff that will be watched through this system is pirated. lol.
On a serious note, my favorite addons at the moment are MLBMC and the Rooster Teeth addon. I'm a pretty major fan of the Kansas City Royals baseball team and the internet comedy site Rooster Teeth, so those two addons together cover a lot of my needs.
High on the list of addons that I constantly think I SHOULD install, but never get around to, is PseudoTV, which remains a fairly genius idea IMO.
Cheers Nate.
Global Search (don't remember if it is installed by default)
Now that sounds interesting joe. Will have a search around for it.
yep, I'm referring to this:
http://addons.xbmc.org/show/script.globalsearch/
very useful for searching a keyword within the music/movies/tvshows/etc.. library in one single global search!
(2014-04-30, 14:13)Tradavang Wrote: So change the title to what is your favourite add on, this will help new people set up a new system. I know I am a new user and have found hundreds of add on available. I don't want to sit 2 or 3 hours a night surfing through them all trying to find something to watch just to find it's from a bad add on, dead add on or just poor quality upload. So I was looking to find what the majority prefer to gave a basic set up and look for extras as time permits.

Could have just said "List your favorite addons" in the title. Don't you think that would have been a much more descriptive thread title and gotten you much better and more relevant responses?

Here are my favorite XBMC addons/supplementary tools.

Filebot - Makes renaming files a breeze and renames them exactly the way you want to.
Twitch.tv - If you're a game it's a must. XBMC twitch.tv addon has better quality than watching off their website (Anyone know why?)
Other Video addons:
Youtube
Colbert
John Stweart

To prove that it doesn't take a REMOTELY long time to look through all the addons, I actually just decided to go through it right now (I never really look I use XBMC for the main media managing functions), these are the addons I found interesting:
Episode Hunter - Records what you watch and recommends you other things to watch.
Trak.TV - Similar to above dunno if it recommends though.

ESPN 3 - Watch live sports? That's cool.

Pandora Radio - Nice for a set top box XBMC. I normally run it from browser but nice pick up.

Screensaver -There are a couple of plugins within this section and I'll probably pick one out. If you've got pics you'd like to use as a screen saver probably a great pickup. I sometimes have a screensaver but usually I just keep my screensaver as a dimmer or black screen or something.

That took me about 15 minutes to look through the addons so I wouldn't be lazy. Look through it. No reason to let other peoples interests determine your XBMC experience when you can customize it yourself.

(2014-04-30, 19:13)natethomas Wrote: High on the list of addons that I constantly think I SHOULD install, but never get around to, is PseudoTV, which remains a fairly genius idea IMO.

PsuedoTV is also a great addon if you have a TON of content to make the channels. I feel I'm close to that, but I think you need lots of those Law and Order, Monk, Big BangTheory, Always Sunny, Simpsons Southpark type shows. Just very episodic casual viewing type shows to make it work. If the shows are all HBO/Showtime type series where every episode you watch matters, you'll probably just end up not even using PsuedoTV.
(2014-04-30, 21:35)tential Wrote: PsuedoTV is also a great addon if you have a TON of content to make the channels. I feel I'm close to that, but I think you need lots of those Law and Order, Monk, Big BangTheory, Always Sunny, Simpsons Southpark type shows. Just very episodic casual viewing type shows to make it work. If the shows are all HBO/Showtime type series where every episode you watch matters, you'll probably just end up not even using PsuedoTV.

Agreed. Add Friends, Seinfeld, and the IT Crowd (and subtract Monk and Law and Order) and you've basically named exactly what I'd want it for.
Also, OMG. I had no idea there were dedicated addons for the Daily Show and Colbert Report. Very awesome.
I would have to say Skin Widgets or XBMC Library Auto Update... you can't make me pick just one.
(2014-04-30, 21:51)natethomas Wrote: Also, OMG. I had no idea there were dedicated addons for the Daily Show and Colbert Report. Very awesome.

Just found out myself lol. I was on anandtech and talking about hulu and how I ONLY use it for DAilyShow/Colbert and someone is like "You know there are addons for that? Without Adds..... With better quality in XBMC compared to hulu (All my video addons have better quality in XBMC compared to browser anyone able to explain that?). You definitely need to look up addons/look through it every now and then to see new addons.

XBMC continues to impress me more and more.

On the Psuedo TV, I just listed all TV shows that are rather episodic. My library isn't really a correlated to what I actually watch lol. Once I started using XBMC, I add content solely for the sake of adding content.
Thank guys, some interesting stuff to look for there. Would never have dreamed of looking for library update tools. I only intend to build a system solely for watching movies and series. I don't want to surf the internet or Facebook people I have pc's and iPads for that, and music centres for, well music.
I've decided to go for a quad core android system, going to hard wire the internet so no problems with wireless. And hopefully add an external portable hard drive that contains my media so I don't need a PC running aswell.
Out of curiosity with the set up mentioned above could I download media to watch at a later date to the external drive? Or is it better to keep downloading with the PC?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1 word answer is enough.0