• 6(current)
XBMC ATV2 shuts down when starting video playback
There doesn't appear to be any iOS packages made yet, and they would need a manual install from the dev file (using the nightly build instructions). I'll ask about where the iOS 13.1 betas are.
It's all a bit strange really. I had the subtitle problem, but not so much in the rc or final. I never had the video playback crash, but I've been getting more and more random crashes. Last one was just in the middle of scrolling down a list. The one before that was in the middle of some music playback. In my case, the real instability seemed to start when I installed Amber and the plexbmc add-ons. That combination was pretty much unusable for me. I reverted to Confluence and uninstalled the two plexbmc add-ons, but the system hasn't been as stable ever since.
(2014-05-13, 00:08)Ned Scott Wrote: There doesn't appear to be any iOS packages made yet, and they would need a manual install from the dev file (using the nightly build instructions). I'll ask about where the iOS 13.1 betas are.

My bad, seems I wasn't looking in the right place. I've posted ios install instructions here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=194914
I installed the new beta and it crashed back to the native Apple interface after about 5 minutes, playing a flac file (file mode) over the wireless network. I have no idea if this is relevant or not, but before the crash, system information was showing 123 Mb free. After I restarted xbmc (no reboot) it was showing 85 Mb free. Playing the same file.

I'll read up on how to collect and submit logs.
Just installed the Gotham 13.1-0 Beta release:

My problems with XBMC crashing to springboard seconds after streaming a movie are still the same :-(
Tested several times. Not sure if these problems were meant to be addressed in this beta though.
(2014-05-13, 10:22)Bertbig Wrote: Just installed the Gotham 13.1-0 Beta release:

My problems with XBMC crashing to springboard seconds after streaming a movie are still the same :-(
Tested several times. Not sure if these problems were meant to be addressed in this beta though.

crashlogs......... please
and use pastebin.com
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ok Martijn,

Will do this tonight!
nothing was adressed in that region in 13.1b1 because everything is more then vague
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Same here, got 14 pre release installed while doing the nightly build update but the HD video issue remains as it is...
Very disappointed for not been able to watch fav hd videos...hoping for a solution in near future
yep i am disappointed to ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-05-13, 14:26)Memphiz Wrote: yep i am disappointed to ...

you want some flowers?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-05-13, 14:29)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-05-13, 14:26)Memphiz Wrote: yep i am disappointed to ...

you want some flowers?

Or just some "logs"? ;-)
(2014-05-13, 10:25)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-05-13, 10:22)Bertbig Wrote: Just installed the Gotham 13.1-0 Beta release:

crashlogs......... please
and use pastebin.com

Platform: Apple TV2 (Black)
Version of iOS/ATV: 5.3 (6105)
XBMC Build and date: XBMC 13.1-BETA1 Git:20140511-692cfba (complied: May 11 2014)
Install Method: Installed via apt-get as by instructions on XBMC.ORG HOW-TO. Used official XBMC.ORG sources.
Skin and add-ons: Confluence, only Icefilms installed

Problem description: Same as before: User interface works just fine. Crashes to springboard seconds after start of streaming. Sometimes it will manage to stream a few minutes, but then crashes while downloading (Dutch) subtitles. The film I use to test is “Dirty Dancing (1987) HD from Icefilm repository, using Movreel as source.

XBMC.log: http://pastebin.com/7XYxejNA
Syslog: http://pastebin.com/FbVkmFbi
CrashReporter log: http://pastebin.com/26ef3emZ
its

Code:
/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/LowMemory-2014-05-13-180134.plist
(2014-05-13, 19:14)Memphiz Wrote: its

Code:
/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/LowMemory-2014-05-13-180134.plist

Wow you're good Blush

I updated my post and added the Crashreporter file
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC ATV2 shuts down when starting video playback2