Gotham 13.0 crashes on startup on ATV2
Hey, i've been pissed off with both the TV scraper and movie scraper not working so thought i'd try and fix it by updating from 12.0 to 13.0. First i did a stupid thing i think, i found some posts that recommended cleaning out some folders as a solution to my problem. So i pretty much emptied these folders:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/packages
/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/LocalAndRental
/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/Other

Didn't solve the problem. Just made more stuff not work and funny messages start to show up...

Anyways, i then updated XBMC using these instructions and everything seemed fine at first, icon looked a bit differrent and said "Gotham 13.0" on the start up splash screen ot whatever....
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...Apple_TV_2

But as soon as it's started up it crashes. Any idea what to do? And do you think my first cleaning out of the folders has anything to do with this? And if so, how do i get the sh*t back that i deleted...

And finally, i'm currently on iOS 5.0.2 (4250) on the ATV2... is it safe to do a compelte reset and then jailbreak again and what not?

Pleeaaase heeeelp and thanks in advance!

EDIT: I removed my database/library file thing and also reset the source.xml file... but now it crashes when i try and add media sources. Any ideas?
Actually, I have the same problem.... I installed v13.0 Gotham, after that when I play any video it does run for a couple of minutes and then xbmc reboots itself.

Any thoughts?
Crash log...........
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham 13.0 crashes on startup on ATV20