Linux Add-Ons not downloading (all categories)
Issue: None of the add-ons from xbmc.org are downloading, including skins, programs, video, etc. (Debug log link at end of post)

Details: I downloaded XBMC Gotham on my testing machine two days ago and it worked flawlessly, including add-on downloads, I downloaded XBMC on my main system today and no add-ons would download. I went back and checked on my test system that was working yesterday and no add-ons would download there either. I checked internet settings on each - no proxy, fetching weather info fine, able to access internet in other programs. I can also access my NAS and scrape sites through XBMC so the problem seems isolated to add-ons.

Technical details: Test machine. Intel I3 Dual Core, 1.8GHZ, running ubuntu 14.04 64 bit, Intel integrated graphics, 4 gig of Ram, ACE Skin, XBMC 13 Gotham. Main Machine: Intel Core 2 Duo 3GHZ, running Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit, NvIdia graphics, 4 gig of Ram, Confluence Skin, XBMC 13 Gotham.

Tried various add=ons from all categories. System would just take me back to the menu with no download started. I checked the add-on folders and verified nothing was downloaded.

Here is the Debug Log from my test machine: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=196640

Let me know if you need further info or have any ideas. Thanks!

... also I noticed in the logs that it is still trying to download from the Frodo directory. I did a force refresh but had the same results.

Thanks!
I'm having the same problem. Did a clean install today, was planning to restore a backup, but I could not download XBMC backup from the XBMC.org repository.

All other repositories seem to be connecting fine, and am having no other network issues.

Are the repos temporarily offline because of updates due to the Gotham release?
(2014-05-09, 03:28)Nostrodamus Wrote: I'm having the same problem. Did a clean install today, was planning to restore a backup, but I could not download XBMC backup from the XBMC.org repository.

All other repositories seem to be connecting fine, and am having no other network issues.

Are the repos temporarily offline because of updates due to the Gotham release?

That is my guess. I can download from other repo's as well. When i copy the URL's from the log into my browser the MD5 hash will pull up but the others all say the file is not found on the server. Since it is pointing to the frodo update server I'm not sure if the server is down or if XBMC is just looking in the wrong place. It stinks because this is the only day off I have for awhile and I was hoping to get this set up tonight. Oh well, hopefully they will get it fixed soon (or someone will reply with a fix ;-) )
I just installed Gotham on Asus Chromebox and has exact same issue.
Update: as of today (5-9-2014) at 9 am I have limited success downloading addons. Ace skin and all dependencies downloaded fine but a few other random ones - YouTube for example - still will not download.
Give me a screenshot which shows the closest mirrors for you according to this link and also tell me if they are correct

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/plu...mirrorlist
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I was just now able to download you tube successfully as well. Looks like the issue is resolved for me at the moment. The server does look to be the closest one for my location (eastern US).

Here is the screenshot link:
Should be indeed fixed now.
I removed the screenshot as it had your IP address
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-05-09, 17:02)Martijn Wrote: Should be indeed fixed now.
I removed the screenshot as it had your IP address

Doh! I should have scrubbed it before I posted. Thanks and thanks!
I installed xbmc 13.1 on Fire TV. No add-on can be downloaded. For some reason, I was able to add Icefilms from Fusion repo. Every other add-on does nothing and stays at 0% or sometimes shows some percent and then disappears with no install.

Help appreciated.
youtube was the issue for me as well… i copied zip of youtube out of the packages of one of my other devices and pasted into the packages folder on my fresh install device, loaded youtube no problem and all other add ons followed.
I am still have this issue of addons not downloading.

I got Apple Itunes Trailers to download and cnet video but that is it.

Youtube, TWIT, etc logs show pointing to frodo and cannot stat the url.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=233056

In a chrome browser http://mirror.us.leaseweb.net/xbmc/addon...-4.4.6.zip gets a 404.
Tried from a different computer so I know it is not an ip table problem.

How do I change mirror to something outside NA as the rest of the world works?

Also this hasn't worked for a few days to a week, just gave up.
Yes. the leaseweb mirror is down. Look at post #6 in this thread.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The mirror wasn't down. but there was a wrong config on our end. It should be fixed.
Thanks for the correction.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-Ons not downloading (all categories)0