Zotac zbox + URC 7962 remote?
I have my Zotac zbox configured with the IR and remote that came with it via lirc. I've purchased a URC 7962 universal remote to try to pair it with the zbox, but it seems I'm unable to make them work together.

I've tried compiling lirc with userspace and devinput drivers, but when I try to irrecord to the IR event socket, the IR doesn't seem to like the URC 7962 signal as it doesn't do anything (irrecord exits with the error that hasn't received any signal). If I try the zotac remote when in userspace, irrecord receives the signals without issue. I can also run 'cat' on the event socket and see that when I push a button in the remote, the cat command outputs gibberish (receives the signal).

I have the universal remote configured as MCE Remote (code 1272 for this model), but does anyone know if you need to use another code in order for the remote to work? Could it be that the Zotac IR only accepts the zotac remote signals?
@silmano

Have you managed to get the remote working? BTW which operating system do you use on ZBOX?
Right now I don't remember getting that remote to work. I think I returned it, since I bought a Logitech Harmony (the basic one without LCD). That one worked without issues.

I don't have my ZBox around anymore, since I sold it to buy a Gaming HTPC (like the Steam Machines announced), but I had Gentoo Linux as base OS and it ran without any issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac zbox + URC 7962 remote?0