[Discussion] Changes to the skinning engine for XBMC Helix
Give us a break! Wink

EDIT: Nice to finally see unification across all windows/dialogs.
Tongue 
(2014-05-08, 22:39)Hitcher Wrote: Give us a break! Wink

EDIT: Nice to finally see unification across all windows/dialogs.

And so it begins...again! Tongue

I agree about the unification. It'll definitely make it easier to whack all of those into an <include> now. Would be even better to just have one settings window to rule them all but we takes what we gets. Rofl
Unifying dialogs is something that I'd still like to help with but it's finding the time.
Moved to other thread - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1704144
(2014-05-09, 09:36)Hitcher Wrote: I was just looking at the List of Built In Controls to see how best to update them and noticed there's still more room for improving the unification of control IDs.

EG The OK button is 4, 7, 10, 14, 18, 28, 29, and 413 over various dialogs.

Is there any particular reason it can't be 28 for all dialogs?

Please take this to the other thread. The reason is most likely historical and missing guidelines.

Concerning the unification of the settings dialogs IIRC DialogPVRTimerSettings.xml, DialogPeripheralSettings.xml, LockSettings.xml and VideoOSDSettings.xml should be very very similar. The other settings dialogs all have their special layouts with some settings integrated somewhere.

@ronie: Thanks for always remembering to update these threads because I never do.

PS: And sorry for the early skin breakage right after the Gotham release Wink Hope the benefits outweigh the inconvenience.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
This will certainly help clean things up. Good move.
Nice work on the search+replace strings ronie Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yes! Thanks for that last one, it was bugging me last week and wanted to discuss it with you.
(2014-05-24, 15:34)ronie Wrote: 2014-05-23 label alignment change inside containers

for labels inside containers, <left> will now always mean the left side of the control.
previously, for labels that are center or right aligned, left meant the center / right side of the control.

git commit: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/917b...32ec325d60
pull request: 4613 (PR)

Is this definitely just Helix, only I was sure I read somewhere it would be backported to Gotham?
(2014-05-28, 19:13)Hitcher Wrote:
(2014-05-24, 15:34)ronie Wrote: 2014-05-23 label alignment change inside containers

for labels inside containers, <left> will now always mean the left side of the control.
previously, for labels that are center or right aligned, left meant the center / right side of the control.

git commit: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/917b...32ec325d60
pull request: 4613 (PR)

Is this definitely just Helix, only I was sure I read somewhere it would be backported to Gotham?
This breaks almost all skins, so it wont be backported to Gotham. It will only be triggered if you set the gui version to 5.1.0 (on Helix).
Thanks for the clarification.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Discussion] Changes to the skinning engine for XBMC Helix0