Req addon.xml addition
Hi, I work on several addons for openelec which contain architecture specific binary files. Would be really helpful if a addition was made to the addon manager where there was an element for "binary" true or false and a "supported arch" with a list option of arm, i686, and x86_64. If binary was set to true it would check if its machine architecture was supported and download addons with "addonname-arch-version.ext" if false would simply download the normal "addonname-version.ext". Currently openelec has a different addon repo for each architecture and 3rd party repositories have to do the same with the user having to figure out which repo to install. I've chosen to contain binaries for all architecture in my addon and detect the machine arch and copy over the correct one, but this is making my addon file sizes huge. Think this would be a very helpful addition to anyone creating addons for openelec since the users can't simply install binary dependencies.
I hate to bump my almost year old thread but would really like a dev to see this. Would save me a ton or work and issues if this were to be implemented.
I believe something like this is in the works for v15, but I don't know the exact details.
That's great news. Thanks!
I think this is the relevant PR: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5837

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
addon.xml addition0