Solved service.library.data.provider another problem
EDIT: Addon wont work on my Openlec system (4.0.2).

Debug log

Thanks.

As reported here after playing a video non of the images display even though the titles still do.

Tested with and without the automatically refresh option.

Thanks.
Not sure which images you mean, but when playing a video all art is visible in videoplayer and after stopping the video the widget still shows the art for me. Tested both on gotham and helix.
A quick check suggests it's your visible slide animation at fault here - for some reason, they don't appear to be bringing your submenu lists on-screen after playback finishes. When I changed them to a fixed position, they showed absolutely fine, images and all.
Yeah, my bad. I made a change earlier to stop a little problem and it causes this not the addon.

Sorry.
Updated first post with new problem.
Missing the reload=true ?

ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://service.library.data.provider/?type=recommendedepisodes&reload=
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Tried with and without reload.

Works on my Window PC just fine.

PHP Code:
    <!-- Recent Movies -->
    <include 
name="RecentMovies">
        <
content target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recentmovies&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recentmovies)]</content>

</include>

<!-- 
Random Movies -->
    <include 
name="RandomMovies">
        <
content target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=randommovies&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(randommovies)]</content>

</include>

<!-- 
Recommended Movies -->
    <include 
name="RecommendedMovies">
        <
content target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedmovies&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recommendedmovies)]</content>

</include>

<!-- 
Recent Episodes -->
    <include 
name="RecentEpisodes">
        <
content target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recentepisodes&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recentepisodes)]</content>

</include>

<!-- 
Random Episodes -->
    <include 
name="RandomEpisodes">
        <
content target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=randomepisodes&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(randomepisodes)]</content>

</include>

<!-- 
Recommended Episodes -->
    <include 
name="RecommendedEpisodes">
        <
content target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedepisodes&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recommendedepisodes)]</content>

</include>

<!-- 
Recent Albums -->
    <include 
name="RecentAlbums">
        <
content target="music">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recentalbums&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recentalbums)]</content>

</include>

<!-- 
Random Albums -->
    <include 
name="RandomAlbums">
        <
content target="music">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=randomalbums&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(randomalbums)]</content>

</include>

<!-- 
Recommended Albums -->
    <include 
name="RecommendedAlbums">
        <
content target="music">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedalbums&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recommendedalbums)]</content>

</include> 
Strange, there's no sign of the service element of the script running in that log. Without that, assuming it's been working properly before on this system, you're only ever going to get old data at best - and at worst, nothing at all.
@Martijn or Unfledged: service.py not being loaded could be because of the two extension points?
Code:
    <extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource" library="default.py" />
    <extension library="service.py" point="xbmc.service" start="login" />
could very well be.
iirc the service is not restarted after an update after a addon update (think there's a trac ticket for that)
I don't know, with the number of skins now using this script, I'd have expected to have got wind before now if having the two extension points were causing any major problem (excepting situations like updating, which this doesn't appear to be).
the problem i describe only happens when you do an update. after a reboot/login the problem is solved.
could be different though
Truth is, we really need more info to know exactly what's going on, so @Hitcher...

Have you tried restarting, so we know it's not a problem with the script having been recently updated.
Can you try reinstalling the script, so we know it's not a problem with a corrupt installation.
Can you edit out the default.py entry point and post a debug log, so we can see if just having one extension point lets the service run.

Martijn, BigNoid, anything else to ask?
Have you tried restarting, so we know it's not a problem with the script having been recently updated.

- Yes, both XBMC and my machine.

Can you try reinstalling the script, so we know it's not a problem with a corrupt installation.

- Done several times now.

Can you edit out the default.py entry point and post a debug log, so we can see if just having one extension point lets the service run.

- Some help please?
In addon.xml, the first line that BigNoid quoted above. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
service.library.data.provider another problem0