Solved Mint LDME and Gotham (again)
I have found some other threads dealing with the alpha9 situation in linux mint LMDE.
But none with a solution ..

Has anyone found an easy trick to install latest Gotham version in linux mint LMDE ?
Without manual compilation ??

I wish to install xbmc on a mint LMDE with very little disk space. So I can't add all the dependencies needed for source compilation.
(doxygen & co). Cross compilation is not an option here.

The alph9 version works quite smooth, but I need to store my library on a sql server, and share it with my iMacs xbmc. And guess what: alpha9 and latest Mac versions don't use the same DB version (MyVideos76 vs MyVideos78)..

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks !
compile on a similar host, sshfs, and make install on the target host.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Alternative: Don't use a bloated OS, e.g. use a minimal ubuntu and use our ppa.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Well, I eventually managed to compile from git, using an external hard drive to gain some space.

Unfortunately the code extracted from git repository seems to be using a newer database structure (MyVideos79 vs 78 used by the iMacs binary).
I think the newer version asked mysqld to "migrate" MyVideos78 database to MyVideos79, so I can't share the same data across my 3 platforms.

MyMusic database was not migrated .. so I miss all the music information.
Maybe I'm asking a little bit too much. I'll try to forget about the linux client, and use only my iMacs for xbmc.
Maybe I should just wait for a more stable release ..

(btw: I used dropbox to share userdata across these computers, and a NAS hosted mysql server for the database. If I keep fooling around with different versions I might corrupt the userdata structure and loose the metadata for my huge collection)
Sounds like you compiled master not Gotham.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-05-25, 00:26)nickr Wrote: Sounds like you compiled master not Gotham.

Oo Oo

(shame)

Edit: thanks for your help, everything works perfectly now !!!! Great.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mint LDME and Gotham (again)0