service.library.data.provider question
Is it possible to open a library view with the contents generated from this like you would a playlist?

Thanks.
Yes, with a couple of caveats.

If you use the reload property, XBMC won't remember the view that was selected as the property makes XBMC think it's a new folder each time the data is updated. And, of course, without the reload property you'll get old listings that won't update.

I believe Martijn is going to fix this for the new version of skin widgets. It's possible to refactor the script to do it, but I personally don't want to put that time in if Martijn's new script is nearly ready .In the meantime, I pulled out just the recommended episode and movie bits into a standalone plugin for the. ReFocus skin, which could easily be extended for anything else - Watchlist Script.
That's good to hear, thanks.

Hopefully we'll end up with a single script that covers all possibilities because I'd like to display them on the home screen but have the option to open the library and view them as well.
Despite what I said, I went ahead and updated library data provider to fix the problem I described. So, with the git version, you can use something like

Code:
ActivateWindow(Videos,plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=randommovies,return)

to display the data in the library view.

(@Jeroen this might be of interest to you, too)
Many thanks.
Thanks, I'll have a look !
Seems to work fine here, the viewtypes are remembered in the git version. That said, I've come to really like how going up from either the movies or tv shows watchlist simply presents only the watchlist entries. Seems more focused, at least for my goals. I understand how you wouldn't want to have to maintain two similar scripts though.
I've personally come to really appreciate the simplicity of the watchlist script compared to the library data provider script, so I'll be maintaining that for my own purposes going forward. It would be a shame, though, if your using it blocked your skin from the official repo.
Yeah, I guess. Ultimately though I want the skin to be the way I want it to be. Making concessions just to get on the repo, not sure if that's worth it to me.
(2014-06-03, 18:25)Jeroen Wrote: Yeah, I guess. Ultimately though I want the skin to be the way I want it to be. Making concessions just to get on the repo, not sure if that's worth it to me.

you should not make consensus Smile
if it better fits your needs, you are of course allowed to add it to repo.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I've just noticed that ListItem.Cast and ListItem.Writer aren't available when viewing video info, can these be added please?
I can't see any way to return the thumbnails for cast, but otherwise the pull request is here.

BigNoid, if you read this, is there any reason for recent/random tv shows the lines for MPAA and Studio are commented out?
Thanks. Big Grin
@unfledged: because studio and mpaa are tvshow properties and can only be added to recommended episodes because of that. Imo there should be the same labels for recommended and random/recent episodes, hence they were commented out.
Makes sense, except currently they are returned for recommended and not for random/recent.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
service.library.data.provider question0