Linux Hard Mode - Arch+Enlightenment & XBMC not playing nice
Please forgive the x-post here: bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=181985
Some pertinent Info:
3.14.4-1-ARCH x86_64
Enlightenment version 0.18.8
XBMC version 13.0 "Gotham" (Compiled May 11 2014)
nVidia Driver 337.19 (GTX 560Ti)
HDMI out connected to Samsung PN51D550C1F (51" Plasma TV)

The issue exists when using XBMC in fullscreen.
The image goes full screen, however the mouse pointer is limited to the upper 80% of the screen or so.
The exact amount of the bottom of the screen which can not be reached with the pointer is strangely connected to the height of the shelves in Enlightenment.
By removing particularly large shelves and reopening XBMC, A larger portion of the screen becomes reachable.
This issue has existed with E17 and XBMC Frodo (v 12).
This is particularly frustrating as video controls are almost always provided along the bottom of the screen, and I use this machine as a Home Theater PC.

Previously, I had devised a workaround;
After opening XBMC, switching to windowed mode, then back to full screen caused the pointer to gain access to the entire screen.
This worked about 95% of the time. (So some times I would have to do it twice. Go figure.)
This created an extra step before watching a movie, but it was acceptable.

Yesterday I performed a system upgrade which upgraded enlightenment (E17 was several upgrades past) and XBMC moved to Gotham from Frodo.
With this upgrade came some changes to the way XMBC changes window modes.
There is no longer a confirmation ("Do you want to keep these changes?")
Also, For some reason, after changing from full screen to windowed and back, this causes a black screen which I can not escape. (Ctrl - Alt - Fx does not work)
In this black screen, XBMC is still running as keypresses elicit an audible response.

Please help! I really like the Enlightenment window manager and XBMC, and this is just beyond my skills.
Either a real solution to the pointer area issue, or just getting my workaround back would be great.

Thanks!
Can you rebuild from master? That should have fixed most of the things mentioned. It was a large code change so it won't go into gotham.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'll do that now.
Thanks.
Hi.

I compiled XBMC 13.1 beta 2 on Arch with Lxqt 0.7. NVIDIA card (GT620) with proprietary drivers.

Working without problems. I had to deactivate VAAPI acceleration, only mark VDPAU.
and VAAPI you had to deactivate, cause you had a broken wrapper driver installed, that segfaulted when VDPAU decoder was constructed :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I am now running 14.0-alpha1 and the problem seems to have been fixed.
Thank you for your help and for creating such an amazing program!
(2014-05-25, 23:11)fritsch Wrote: and VAAPI you had to deactivate, cause you had a broken wrapper driver installed, that segfaulted when VDPAU decoder was constructed :-)

Probably, I don't know. I used pacman and it asks to deinstall mesa-gl to install nvidia-gl, I think is the cause of the problem, it must be the broken wapper.

My problem, now, there is tearing. I will test tonight different solutions (read in the forum) to resolve it.

Best regards!
disable backing store, enable vsync or install the fixed libsdl package for arch. just google: xbmc tearing arch linux sdl
VAAPI and VDPAU are both enabled for me and everything is working fine.
Yeah - vaapi does not harm, despite one has a broken VAAPI to VDPAU wrapper on nvidia hardware installed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux Hard Mode - Arch+Enlightenment & XBMC not playing nice0