• 7(current)
Aeon MQ 6
I really like MQ5's design, but I would actually like an efficient version closer to MQ4 design principles for MQ6. MQ4 visually, is my favourite but you could argue MQ5 does this already, just my opinion.
(2014-08-19, 14:07)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2014-08-19, 07:43)Ic3y Wrote: Would also like to request an "End Time" to be displayed somewhere while browsing movies.

For example, late at night I want to know what time a movie will end at so I know if it's too late for my kids and can choose to watch a shorter movie (or no movie at all).

Normally I'll do the math, but if you were to show what time the highlighted movie ends at it would be quicker than me pulling my abacus out.

Looks like all the information needed is already pulled, just need to run a calculation and display it ?

Example:

Code:
H = [current hour]

M = [current minute]

V = [length of highlighted movie / 60]      ------> converts pulled movie time from minutes to hours (i.e. 126 min. movie = 2.1 hrs)

H + [[V] truncate < 1]     -----> gives you amount of hours added to current hours (i.e. "2.1 = 2")

M + [[[V] truncate >= 1] * 60]     ------> gives you amount of minutes added to current minutes (i.e. [2.1 = 0.1] * 60 = 6 minutes)

Display --->  "Finishes at [H]:[M] am/pm"    ---->   displays what time highlighted movie/tv show ends at

In this example at 1:14am, a movie that is 126 minutes long would end at 3:20am

Would also have to add some code to handle 12 and 24 time changes.

Examples of where to place:

Thanks !

A skin isn't capable of working that out. You'd have to write a script which the skin would call for each movie. Not sure if that would cause any performance issues on low powered devices (probably not as the script would be tiny, but it would be called a lot while browsing).

The Skin does this already while playing videos!
We aren't talking about it doing when you are watching a video. We're talking about the skin automatically calculation end times while browsing your library.

If you'd read a bit more of the thread before posting you would of seen this post 2 down from the one you quoted.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2014-08-23, 17:14)Samu-rai Wrote: We aren't talking about it doing when you are watching a video. We're talking about the skin automatically calculation end times while browsing your library.

If you'd read a bit more of the thread before posting you would of seen this post 2 down from the one you quoted.

My statement was "The Skin does this already while playing videos! "
Its a statement!!!!!!!!!, do you understand?
Fully.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

This would be EXTREMELY handy to have!

Vote + 7

(2014-08-18, 03:48)Ic3y Wrote: Can we add a setting to have the Artwork Downloader Add-on run automatically after the library gets scanned for new movies ?

This way the library gets updated with new movies and all the extra artwork is downloaded looking nice with minimal user intervention. Similar to Aeon Nox 4.1.9

Thx.
(2014-09-03, 12:52)Grayman001 Wrote: This would be EXTREMELY handy to have!

Vote + 7

(2014-08-18, 03:48)Ic3y Wrote: Can we add a setting to have the Artwork Downloader Add-on run automatically after the library gets scanned for new movies ?

This way the library gets updated with new movies and all the extra artwork is downloaded looking nice with minimal user intervention. Similar to Aeon Nox 4.1.9

Thx.
+1, but with extreme caution (scraper-dependant)

I also think this is very useful to have, however depending on the scraper used or selected. For those of us using the new local NFO scraper this is a terrific function that we can trigger anytime we want as many times we want but this is something I believe wouldn't be allowed if using on-line scrapers. Samu-rai has spoken clearly about checking this first with the scraping add-on's developer. I remember reading at some point Martjin's reasons for not allowing this and it was pretty clear to me: it would open the possibility for a number of scraping processes impossible to handle by the online servers which might end up in APIs being cancelled, amongst other measures.

Again, I do think the function is terrific and I 100% support it for the local NFO scraper at least. If a way could be designed to limit the frequency in which this function could be triggered by users when scraping online sources, I would then support it too.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=203699 this from @zag please.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Ability to add movie year instead of diplaying subtitle language, in the jukebox view (any view)
(2014-07-29, 02:34)typoknig Wrote: In Aeon MQ5 I have main menu items which have been customized such that their sub-menus has no entries. I would think the sub-menu should not appear at all once all sub-menu items have been removed, but that is not the case. Optimally there would be a setting in the customization screen that would allow the sub-menu to be disabled.

http://postimg.org/image/lslasxu5z/

+1

This is my only complaint with MQ5
i'm still on old xbmc and my own edit of night skin but tried the latest xbmc version on my laptop and tried all working skins. this was the one i liked the most. is there a working edit for helix?

the change i would suggest in next mq6 is individual widget setting on each home screen element. like on mq5 i had manual widget on, but want auto widget on weather. another change is for showart view on tvshow, if there is no clearart make it choose logo and if there is no logo, write the name of the show. in the sub menu of homescreen where you have shutdown and skin setting, it would be great if xbmc\kodi settings was there too.
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
Hello guys
wouldn't it be great if you can easily personalize the music playback?
here an example
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178254&page=4
MacMini 2012 - MacOS 10.10 - Kodi
I have a problem but I don't know if it is skin or skin.widgets or XBMC. The problem is that when running one profile/user skin.widgets gets called and populates various icons/thumbs such as "in progress". The problem is when you change profiles/users that data isn't flushed. So when the new profile gets loaded the old skin.widget data is still there, unless it later gets re-written. That happens fast for 'recently added", though not instantaneous, but in particular if there aren't any "in progress" in the new profile, the stale data is displayed forever. If you try to navigate to one of the widgets and "resume" a random media file runs instead (I assume based on different database for each profile).

What is needed is for MQ6, skin.widgets, or XBMC (don't know which) to unload that data when the change user is executed, before the skin is unloaded.

scott s.
(2014-06-10, 22:26)wiesel87 Wrote:
(2014-06-10, 21:56)bry- Wrote:
(2014-06-10, 21:36)wiesel87 Wrote: It would be nice, if you can make this view for tv shows in mq6

http://imgur.com/a/rcZQ6/embed#4

Which image?

Second that!
Love MQ skins, since MQ3, all have been awesome, love 5.

My suggestion for improvement for MQ6 would be...

1. When in the movies library, if kiosk mode is off, you can tap the arrow up and get options Smart Shortcuts, View Options/Change View, Collection/Change View and Art.

Under Collections/Change View, you can sort by Title, Year, Rating, MPAA, Duration, Date Added, Playcount.

This is super useful. I'd like Smart Kiosk Mode to only show this option, or preferably, to be called Smart Kiosk Mode 2, and leave the current Smart Kiosk mode as is for those that use it.

I really would like to use this feature as I really want to sort by rating etc, but fear that letting family/friends going up to those options will accidental change things like views etc.

2. Not sure if this is a skin request or not for MQ6, but is it possible to add the function of sorting by "rating" to the movies sub-menu?

Cheers
Smile
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 617