Clean 2012R2 install....crashing
I dunno if its OS related (Server 2012 is the same kernel as Win8), but because it is stripped down, it might be causing issues ...?
Couldn't find any other threads related to 2012.
I do use this PC as a HTPC for music and video however.

Anyone suggest a direction for diagnosing crash issues...?
Thank you
What version or Xbmc are you installing? Also do you know if the crash is a Windows error message or Xbmc/installer (does the Application or System logs give any errors or messages) - do you have the exact message. I would start with the app and system logs on the server - if they don't give anything then possibly run procmon (systinternals/Microsoft) filtering on the install to see if any errors thrown up (if you have not used it before be careful - very very chatty program and can cause a server crash if not used correctly)
Thanks
Mike
Thanks for the reply Mike. I'm using the latest stable version.
Definitely a Windows crash error msg.
Unfortunately event logging is disabled on my system and will not start properly (Windows 8 audio optimization script).
I looked thru the install directory but couldn't find any XBMC log files...?
with this little info no one will be able to help you
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
More info and fusion and hub will surface
LOL - you mean like this one http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=197353
Wink
Hi

Im having similar issues - install of xbmc 13 installs ok when trying to run, error message xbmc.exe failed to load due to no winaspi.dll, Mike as tried to help but nothing appears to resolve the issue..

thanks
Yeah, thanks fukkers...
A lot of help.
Wungun - sorry, been manic work for a few days. Can you tell me the exact error message Windows is throwing in the box (word for word). I ran an install on a new Win2012R2 VM and seemed to be fine. When you run the install can you also make sure the "Show Details" button is pressed when it is installing- should show you a window of everything being extracted etc. in the install - may give a clue as to what it was doing.
Not being able to see the event viewer is weird- If you run eventvwr.exe or Control Panel->Administrator Tools->Computer Management and select Event Viewer from there do you get an error?
Thanks
Mike
Fix - --- - Winaspi Error Only Windows 2012

Users of Windows 2012 encountering the winaspi error will need to install the 'Wireless LAN Service/Role' In Server Manager
Thanks for the reply guys...
P- I'll rerun the install with details enabled and also get error msg info.
Mighty- wireless LAN role is installed on my system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean 2012R2 install....crashing0