How can I best switch XBMC between my PC monitor and my TV?
So I have a unique situation in that I'm trying to figure out a way to use XBMC in two different setups.

Right now I am using XBMC on my PC (Windows 8.1), where I have a dual monitor setup. I correctly have XBMC show up on my main monitor (1920x1200), and I have a 2.1 sound system on my desk. This all works fine right now.

However, I also would like to use the HDMI port on my graphics card (Nvidia GTX 770) to link my PC to my receiver/TV in the next room. (The TV would effectively become a third monitor.) The TV is 1920x1080, and the receiver is part of a 5.1 sound system. I initially tried to make the TV a clone of my main monitor, but the different resolutions wouldn't allow that. And then there is the issue of the two different sound setups (my desk 2.1 and my living room 5.1).

My goal is to be able to continue using XBMC on my PC with the 2.1 sound, but to also be able to sometimes send it to the TV and have it work with the 5.1 sound and slightly different resolution. What would be the best way for me to get this sort of dual setup running? I imagine it will involve some sort of scripting, or multiple profiles. I imagine something where when I open up XBMC, it prompts me with what setup I would like to send it to.

Could anyone help explain how I could get something like this set up?

Thanks!
Try using the display switch, that's the keyboard win+p and see if you get choices that work & make you smile. With my ATI card I can flip between monitor DVI-D (stereo) 1920x1200, and TV (5.1) HDMI 1920x1080 in duplicate mode the lessor res is used for both systems and the audio is 5.1 through the HDMI (auto switches).

If the display switches works fine, you can script this to switch between displays (try searching for XBMC display switch) http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131899

Not too many users have 3 displays hooked up., not sure how your performance would be with all up at the same time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I best switch XBMC between my PC monitor and my TV?0