Video worked w/Frodo, gotham choppy, Frodo choppy too, what gives? Frod workd B4
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Go back to XBMC v13. Make sure there are no other video player apps open in the background, as that app might be preventing XBMC from accessing the hardware decoder.

Also, don't mention icefilms per the forum rules (wiki).
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
The latest stable version is v13.1, so I would use that.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Now you should see if there are other video player apps running in the background. There are various task killer apps on the Google Play store that can show you what apps are still running in the background and allow you to stop them.
I just upgraded again to v13.1. I closed all other apps just to make sure no issues arose regarding that. I'm still having choppy video.
Turn the video acceleration options again. Mainly the AMLogic one.
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Did you try it since talking to me in this thread and making sure other apps were quit?
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
(2014-06-12, 15:11)xlo_olx Wrote:
(2014-06-12, 09:00)Ned Scott Wrote: Did you try it since talking to me in this thread and making sure other apps were quit?

Yes. And I did just now for good measure. It's still choppy.

I experienced the same thing with MyGica 520E. After upgrading my xbmc to the latest and greatest (12.3? last year), I didn't see any problems, then playing more videos revealed the choppiness. I then reverted back to the factory settings (12.1?) which fixed the video issue. My guess is that the manufacturer compiles the source with specific optimizations targeted at their hardware.

The only solution is to revert back or wait until the xmbc devs figure out what's wrong and comes up with a solution. Another solution is to use MX Player. I've never had a problem with playing videos, but I really hate the interface (touch screen based).

K.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
(2014-06-12, 17:28)xlo_olx Wrote: This is what frustrates me the most. Even after returning to Frodo, this POS box is still laggy/choppy. I'm about to throw it against the wall, I swear.

Did you do a factory reset? That's what I did, I don't know if it will fix the choppiness, but it fixed my problems. Also, I noticed when I was trying nightly builds (last year) that xbmc would leave behind some files even after doing an uninstall & restore.

Maybe try clearing the xbmc cache & data after doing the restore.

K.
(2014-06-12, 15:11)xlo_olx Wrote:
(2014-06-12, 09:00)Ned Scott Wrote: Did you try it since talking to me in this thread and making sure other apps were quit?

Yes. And I did just now for good measure. It's still choppy.

The choppy video comes from having video acceleration turned off. If you still have choppy video then you have not turned video acceleration back on. You have to turn on AMLogic video acceleration for your box, as the other two do not work on the MX box that you have. Making sure the other video apps are quit should fix the issue where only audio played.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video worked w/Frodo, gotham choppy, Frodo choppy too, what gives? Frod workd B41