SACD ISO Supported?
Are SACD iso's supported (can they be played from within XBMC?)

If not, is there a work around?
As far as I am aware they are supported
No, SACD ISO / DSD / DFF / DSDIFF are not supported, and there are feature request threads for them since a few years back.
If I recall, you can easily convert them to FLAC files within Foobar. I only did it once or twice for a disc I have that I wanted to play through the computer and what you do is drop it into foobar and then it shows all the files then you right click on all the files and select convert. The convert is very quick and then you have playable files.

Brian
You can convert to flac with foobar2000. You just have to install the sacd plugin. The advantage is tag support IMO.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Now ffmpeg have decode for DSD, maybe someone get this job, and begin support in XBMC.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Thank you for all of the responses! If I convert them to FLAC, what do I lose?
Nothing. You'll retain the 88.2 kHz and 24 bits.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I converted them correctly...........why can't I get 5.1 out of them? I ran them thru Mediainfo and it reports six channels but they will not play multichannel.........any ideas/suggestions?

Or am I mistaken about SACD's?
I personally don't have any multichannel sacds, but I do have plenty of multichannel 24/96 flacs. XBMC has no problem playing these. Do you have your audio output settings correct?
Yes, I think my settings are correct, I can play other multichannel sources correctly.......just not these?
Upload a small sample? (Dropbox, Drive, etc.)
(2014-06-16, 01:56)thrak76 Wrote: I personally don't have any multichannel sacds, but I do have plenty of multichannel 24/96 flacs. XBMC has no problem playing these. Do you have your audio output settings correct?

Hi thrak76,

I take it you mean Settings > System > Audio output and setting the output configuration to FIXED at 192 (or would best optimised be better) is there any harm in choosing 192 for all output rather than going backwards and forwards to settings?

Thanks,
Mark.
Best Match will try to ensure original quality is kept.
(2014-09-25, 18:09)jjd-uk Wrote: Best Match will try to ensure original quality is kept.

Yep, tx

I noticed dff files will not play well at High resample quality, only at medium (on a Tronsmart s89 Android tv box) but 24 bit 192khz Flac files play fine... so I wonder whether it would be better to convert the dff files to flac (may lose something there, but then re-sampling probably does too.

Any opinions there?
tx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SACD ISO Supported?0