Win Track titles duplicated including feat.
Hey guys looking for a little help, I've just ripped my entire CD collection and have added them to xbmc Gotham. They have all been tagged with Musicbrainz picard, the problem is when I scan them into the library, albums (mainly hip hop) with xxx feat. yyyy & zzz or just xxx feat. yyy are all listed in duplicate in the file title. For example 2Pac feat. Dr. Dre - California Love after scanning using UAS will appear as 2Pac feat. Dr. Dre / 2Pac feat. Dr. Dre - California Love any helpful insight on why this might be happening? This only happens on tracks with xxx feat. yyy etc Thanks in advance
This is because your MBIDs are duplicated while your artist tags aren't and you likely haven't scanned using online information to fixup the artist titles.

If you haven't done the online lookups you can do so via Info on the artist -> refresh.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Many thanks for the reply do I have to do the look ups in library mode? Sorry for being a bit dumb
Sure - just browse to your artist (library mode) and context menu -> Artist information.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the help! I get it now, never used xbmc for music before, impressive stuff - Thanks to you and all the other devs who make this possible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Track titles duplicated including feat.0