Media Flags not read/displayed correctly
Hi,
Started to use XBMC recently on openelec and have some issues with some movies not displaying media flags correctly. This is a fresh install and stock scrappers, skins etc. so doesn't appears to be something i have done...

Basically several films I have added to my library and they either don't show flags at all or the incorrect ones.. The example in this post is a 1080p film, AVC1, 16:9 etc. To start the film does not show the green HD flag in the main Movie listing. When you hover over the movie it only shows the movie has AAC 2.0 audio and 4:3 aspect ratio. If i play the movie and get the OSD up it correctly shows that it's 1920x1080 H264(high) AVC1 etc and it also displays the 1080 flag next to the film name when you pause it.

I have various other films that do this or slight variations, i.e i have two films which are 1080p (1920x1080) and have the green '4k' flag next to the film in the listing. Some films do not display the correct ratio correctly (may or may not be an issue with XBMC)

Doing some further testing I downloaded the OSX version of XBMC (13.1) and it exhibits the same issue. I then found the old 12.3 version and tried this and this version correctly displays all the correct media flags (the green HD flag and all the codec flags) so it would appears to be an issue that was introduced in 13.0/13.1 and not an issue with my films.

Any help would be appreciated?
Media flags are often an issue related to the skin you are using. Have you tried Confluence to see if this issue is still present?
Hi,

As mentioned it was a completely fresh install and looks the same as the images at http://xbmc.org/about/
Ensure that metadata extraction is turned on in system->video->something i can't remember ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Will try that tonight Memphiz when i get home. Has that behavior changed since 12.3 as when I tested that version it worked fine?
dunno
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
So the 'Extract thumbnails and video information' option is selected. (would have thought it as as most films get all the correct codec info.)

taken some screen shots. first where its not working in 13.1 'Gotham':

here at the main movies page set to 'Media info 2' view -

then during playback :

now where it does work in 12.3 'Frodo':
Again main movie screen-

then during playback:
Anyone able to replicate this?
I have the exact same problem, on Gotham on openelec as well, which did not happen on Frodo.
This only happens to movies I have personally ripped from my own blurays.
Movies downloaded are correctly flagged.

Please tell me if there is anything I can do or provide to help in the solution of the problem.

Thanks.
(2014-06-28, 14:43)ithaki Wrote: I have the exact same problem, on Gotham on openelec as well, which did not happen on Frodo.
This only happens to movies I have personally ripped from my own blurays.
Movies downloaded are correctly flagged.

Please tell me if there is anything I can do or provide to help in the solution of the problem.

Thanks.

Are those in an ISO format? Maybe the video file format is causing the issue.
Sorry for not being specific.
No, the files are either .m4v or .mp4 ripped with handbrake.
I still have a version of 12.3 on my laptop and it flags them correctly just as in Mattyjanks's screenshots.

Come to think of it, all downloaded files are in .mkv and are flagged correctly and my own rips are .m4v and .mp4 and they are not flagged correctly.
Could this be the reason?
All my films are M4V or MP4. The ones that do work are in both formats and the ones that don't work are in both formats, so theres no correlation...

The fact that it worked in Frodo and now doesn't in Gotham is the really annoying thing.
If you interrogate those files with MediaInfo, do you see the correct information ?

It's possible that your files don't actually have the correct information embedded in the containers or streams.

Check what MediaInfo reports back for one of the files that is showing wrong in XBMC and see if that gives you the info you expect.
Heres output from media info, which to me looks exactly like the info that Frodo shows but Gotham doesn't...

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=238096&mode=raw
The MediaInfo output looks right, nothing dodgy there.

I just looked at your example screenshots again and I notice that in Gotham, when you pause during playback, THAT is correct and shows 1080, but in the other view it doesn't show the info properly.

What skin is that ? Because as per a previous comment from someone else higher up, this does look like it could be a skin issue.

What would also be worth checking is the XBMC database itself. Not sure how handy you are with databases, but if I was trying to troubleshoot this my next move would be to go and look in the database manually, find the entry for that movie, and see what information XBMC has actually stored in it's DB for that movie. That way you will know for sure if it is purely a visual issue, or if XBMC is not analysing the file properly.

I suspect that it's purely visual and a skin problem at this point, but that's just a hunch.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Flags not read/displayed correctly0