XBMC scales videos wrong
Hi,

I have a little Problem. I just a bought an Orbsmart S82 (S802 with Mali GPU, original firmware and custom rom all the same, rooted) and try to run XBMC. Everything works pretty good, except for on huge problem: my beamer only has a native resolution of 720p (which the S82 detects correctly). XBMC itself works fine, no errors whatsoever. But in "Settings" the resolution is fixed to 1920x1080. No problem so far, except that I only see a fraction of any video I'm playing.

For a better explanation: it's like in this image here: Image

I only see the portion of the movie that matches with the 720p frame! I'm unable to watch the full image of the movie regardless of what I do.

I tried an older version of xbmc where I don't have this problem but there is no hardware acceleration which means the videos stutter.

All other movie players I've tried work fine (fullscreen, hardware accelerated, digital audio passthrough, no stutter), so I'm absolutely certain it's the latest version of XBMC for Android causing the problem (also because of the mentioned fact that the older version works fine except for the stutters).

If anyone can help me somehow I'd very very much appreciate it!

Greetings from Germany,
Mad

Edit:

I just installed the latest XBMC (same version as on the Orbsmart) on my old Nexus 7 (with 1280 x 800 resolution) and in "Settings" the resolution is detected properly as 1280 x 800 and the videos are played back without any problems and in perfect fullscreen. So the XBMC probably detects the resolution wrong on the Orbsmart. Problem is I can't change it because it is greyed out. Is there any config file I could hardcode the proper one into?
If you can build your own xbmc, this PR should solve your issue: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4924
Hi Koying,

thank you very much for your answer, I really appreciate it!

I'm sorry but I don't know how to build my own version of XBMC, let alone a running Android APK of it. Is there some sort of "tweak" I could do to the already installed one (e g altering a script or a config file) or do you happen to know of any "alpha" build that already has the mentioned fix in it? I fear that I migh be the only one with a lower res display having the issue...

Greetings and thanks a lot again!
Mad
I'll "relive" SPMC to include such fixes. Stay tuned...
Hi Koying,

thanks for the quick response! I'll stay tuned for sure! Just found your blog entry about SPMC, sounds really interesting!

Thank you very much for your efforts!

Greetings,
Mad
Hi,

Please try with SPMC 13.2.0 @ http://spmc.semperpax.com/
Hi,

thanks a lot Koying! I'm afraid I can't try it because I had to send it back to manufacturer because it didn't give out any picture anymore.

Anyway, thank you very much for the effort, I really appreciate it!

Greetings,
Mad
* Ned Scott switches all of his Android boxes to SPMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC scales videos wrong0