Full ATX Slim HTPC Case
So I have a bit of a dilemma at the moment, I am in the process of refurbishing an old machine to a HTPC and need ideas for a case to use. The motherboard that I will be using is a Full ATX board. The problem I am running into is that the space I have to fit it into is 800mm (w) x 150 mm (h) x 400mm (d) and cant seem to find an appropriate case for this. The problem seems to be the 150mm high portion, most of the cases i seem to come across are around 160mm high.

This is the only case i can find that fits what I need, It looks really good but i am hoping there are other options out there.

Silverstone SST-LC02 - 380 mm x 110mm x 295 mm and full ATX support
You're mad, ditch the ATX motherboard.
It might seem the opposite, but you're wasting time, money, energy, space and aesthetics going the route you are in an attempt to make use of old tat Smile

Sorry needs to be said.
Point Taken, But hear me out.

Aesthetically I quite like the look of some of the larger Micro ATX / ATX HTPC Cases, the look really sleek and fit seamlessly. they also have space for drives. Currently i have a tower running XBMC (not the best looking thing in honesty) with all the storage locally, replacing that with a MINI ITX or NUC means i would need to build or buy a NAS to store the files. Just seems cheaper and a much easier solution to use the current system I have, which works perfectly and put it in a more Aesthetically pleasing case to store it all.
I agree totally with the sentiment of not replacing hardware if it still does the job you want it to.

That said, most if not all of the aesthetically pleasing cases (to me anyway) are not cheap by any means. If I were replacing my case, it would be with something that would fit in with my AVR, so around the same size, with display etc etc. Cases like this can be had, but if I were in your situation, I'd have to weigh up the cost of such a case against the price of a NUC, and repurposing the tower into a file server.

From the cases that I've seen and liked, there is not a lot of difference in price between these two roads. Just my thoughts on it.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Matx might be an option.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full ATX Slim HTPC Case0