Xbmc won't start after upgrade
which version do you have exactly? the above mentioned patch was merged a few days ago. So if the issue persists, we need another crashlog with gdb installed and debugging enabled.
@wsnipex: I last updated XBMC from that PPA on the 18th - thats when I noticed the issue (previous build was probably a week before that).. If it has been resolved since the 18th I am happy to test it out tonight and let you know if the problem persists.
@runel: PR5034 was committed on 20 Jul so any build after that date is worth testing.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I've only got remote access to the backend, but it (Build from 23rd July) seems to have worked. The PID remains the same, so it is not crashing every 10 seconds like it used to.. I will be able to confirm once I get home and can actually use it on the TV.
@ All - I hope to test the latest within in the next 24 hours - I will post back.

Adler
JJMacey
Wildwood, New Jersey - On The Jersey Shore
Linux Web Site + Blog

I have just tested the 23rd July Nightly build and it is working fine - no more reboots/crashes on startup. Smile
Hi All,

I have just installed XBMC via the nightly Linux ppa builds. Still crashing on launch. Here is the Crash Log:

MOD EDIT: REMOVED CRASHLOG

The Crash Log gets posted to my Home Folder, and was not generated by the DeBug Feature of XBMC.

Again, any help here would be appreciated.

Adler
JJMacey
Linux Web Site + Blog

please stop posting logs inline, use pastebin.

As I already told you in your other thread, try downgrading mesa to stable. -> ppa-purge the oibaf ppa
wsnipex,

I have been working on scrubbing / downgrading mesa versions, and am now hung here:

Quote:xbmc : Depends: xbmc-bin (< 2:12.3+dfsg1-3ubuntu1.1~) but 2:14.0~git20140722.0200-778b92e-0trusty is to be installed

The above is whether I use the ppa, or nightly ppa builds.

Adler
JJMacey
Linux Web Site + Blog

No, there is no xbmc 12.3 on XBMC ppa, except the distro repos, which is wrong xbmc to use, I already showed you the Team XBMC PPA (wiki) on your other thread << So read it and use it. sometimes it may be useful to move .xbmc out of the way after some huge version upgrade, though some people would disagree with this startegy of troubleshooting, its proved very useful tactic to weed out the issues, incompatible settings, addons, skins etc.
Quote:...may be useful to move .xbmc out of the way after some huge version upgrade...

Universal,

Actually, I did that, plus other things, and will follow your referenced link. I'll get back to everybody here.

Thanks for all the assistance.

Adler
JJMacey
Linux Web Site + Blog

apt-cache policy xbmc xbmc-bin
wsnipex,

THX for all the help, but I think a fresh install of Linux Mint 17 32-bit is my best option.

Adler
JJMacey
Linux Web Site + Blog

Mint is not a good choice for xbmc cause of the interfering compositing manager - use xbmcbuntu.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Or disable compositing

Code:
sudo nvidia-xconfig -s --no-composite --force-generate --output-xconfig=/etc/X11/xorg.conf

or any other dozen ways to do it, for e.g

uncheck the box

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc won't start after upgrade0