If money is no issue????????
What would be the optimal spec for a HTPCHuh??

When does it start to be ...so to speak overkill for example graphiccard?

Is there a upper limit for what you can get out of your XBMC??

I use my xbmc for my movies and my tv series..... i do not use any adons for example streaming.

Thankfull for input and sugg..

//magnus
The perfect HTPC is the one that does everything you need for less money, less power, less heat and less noise.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Well xbs08..... i want it to be as so perfect it can be... and like i wrote ... "if money is no issue".

I would not like to buy a processor that is overkill...but so big/fast that you get use for it.And the same goes for the GC .. and memory.

There must be a limit for what you can get out of your moviefiles.
If you don't want to build your own then checkout the Lenovo.
https://m.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops/leno...9:00011E86:
The celeron will do the job but I'd go with the i3.
Quite, enough power, energy efficient, reliable, cost effective, small, and full PC ability.
Money? Bah! You don't need no stinkin' money!

I built an "XBMC Box" for a grand total of $150. It has a celeron processor in it and a huge video card (as far as XBMC goes). It runs GREAT! It's probably the best XBMC machine I have made, and I have made several over the years.
If your only need is to play "regular" rips even a RPi will do Wink

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
if xmbc is all you needed. then just buy a apple tv or a android set top box
AppleTV, Android, LOLSleepy
Big Grin

Die U cheep f32AS ..
(2014-07-19, 17:13)xbs08 Wrote: If your only need is to play "regular" rips even a RPi will do Wink

RPi are great for a lot of things but I've found they're fairly limiting when it comes to xbmc. not bad for the price and 'regular' rips do play just fine, but everything has to be kept 'lite' and there's a fair bit you can't do - although they may cost less than many other options, I don't consider them 'bang for buck' when it comes to XBMC. I'm interested in hearing how some of those new hummingboards perform though.

In regards to OPs question, checkout some passive cooled cases, they can get pricey but may be worthwhile if your gear sits out with everything else, plus you get to spend more money which is always fun
Android, ATV and raspberry pi will not despite what people are telling you play all full BD rips. If you want to play everything other than 3D get a Celeron. If you want more than that get an i3 or i5.
(2014-07-19, 19:35)voip-ninja Wrote: Android, ATV and raspberry pi will not despite what people are telling you play all full BD rips. If you want to play everything other than 3D get a Celeron. If you want more than that get an i3 or i5.

I tested rpi with a few different file types, BD ISOs it definitely could not handle, mostly everything else seemed ok though including larger MKV files. My testing was not extensive, I mainly just wanted to see if ISO would play.
(2014-07-19, 19:35)voip-ninja Wrote: Android, ATV and raspberry pi will not despite what people are telling you play all full BD rips. If you want to play everything other than 3D get a Celeron. If you want more than that get an i3 or i5.

The problem is just that!
He only says "my movies and my tv shows"... from what I can tell all he's media could be SD XviD Tongue

You need to tell us which media do you intend on playing... not just movies and tv shows... that doesn't mean nothing.

(2014-07-19, 19:40)nevillebartos Wrote: I tested rpi with a few different file types, BD ISOs it definitely could not handle, mostly everything else seemed ok though including larger MKV files. My testing was not extensive, I mainly just wanted to see if ISO would play.

I've not seen a BD ISO that I can't play on the Pi. It may require some tweaking to NFS settings and overclock, but it should be achievable.
If you have a sample file that fails to keep up, then I'd be happy to investigate.
(2014-07-19, 19:59)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-07-19, 19:40)nevillebartos Wrote: I tested rpi with a few different file types, BD ISOs it definitely could not handle, mostly everything else seemed ok though including larger MKV files. My testing was not extensive, I mainly just wanted to see if ISO would play.

I've not seen a BD ISO that I can't play on the Pi. It may require some tweaking to NFS settings and overclock, but it should be achievable.
If you have a sample file that fails to keep up, then I'd be happy to investigate.

Sure play any VC1 BD rip on rasp pi and let us know how it goes. Dark Knight is a good one... VC1 + True-HD. Only boxes with good hardware support can do it.
(2014-07-19, 20:11)voip-ninja Wrote: Sure play any VC1 BD rip on rasp pi and let us know how it goes. Dark Knight is a good one... VC1 + True-HD. Only boxes with good hardware support can do it.

I imagine if you played the AC3 stream (which is mandatory for a Blu-Ray that contains TrueHD) it will play fine.

I'm not arguing there aren't compromises with the Pi (e.g. HD audio passthrough), but it's not true to say it can't play raw Blu-Ray images.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
If money is no issue????????0