MCE R6 remote and receiver setupunder windows?
Hello folks.
First let me say, I am sorry for having to ask this, I have researched this and my head is spinning crazy. There is SO much info, I am not sure what is accurate any more and what is not, if there are ways I am missing, and such.

I am running NUC's running windows 7 with MCE removed with the built in IR receiver. I am running Gotham 13.2 b1 and I am using RC6 MCE remotes. These remotes currently have basic functionality. I do not IR blast to anything.

What I would like ideally is a way to setup a remote so that ALL the keys do exactly what I want, then a way to easily back that up and transfer to my other systems. Is there a dummy easy way to do this?

However, I would like to go further, I would be able to specify keys do other items. I.E. Pressing 1 and holding it down will send F12, just simple press of 1 = 1, or in text input 1 = A,B or C depending on how I press it.

Even more reaching ideally and be able to execute external scripts with a keypress, I.E. press long press 2 sends command for a script to kill XBMC and startup another program. (Actually can only think of 2 functions I would like to accomplish with this and that is to forcefully Kill XBMC incase of lockup and restart it or Kill XBMC and fire up my external screen reader software.)

Now in my research I have seen things that lead me to believe all 3 scenarios are possible. But I have seen everything from built in key remapping, Registry editing, eventghost, Programs both free and cost (Not that i mind paying for a simplified solution) to map keyboard commands to mce remotes, Advanced XML editing and such. My problem is sorting through the mass of information filtering what is in and out of date and applies to my setup as described above.

My hope is that someone that has already accomplished at the vary least the first item can dumb it down for me on how to get there so that all my buttons actually translate into a useful command. The rest is just gravy.
Give eventghost a try. Add mce remote and xbmc plugins in eventghost, click any button, you should see a remote control code in the log section. Drag this to the required xbmc action.
Thank you baijuxavior, That was much easier than I thought it was going to be.

Going even further, seems I was able to accomplish everything I wanted and even some stuff I hadn't thought of using Eventghost.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE R6 remote and receiver setupunder windows?0